Exeter Chiefs - 21 March at Sandy Park

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Exeter Chiefs - 21 March at Sandy Park

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:17 pm Reading Chief's T & C regarding sale of Tickets and cancellations, these say no refunds. Will the fact that the Government has banned games, is there any chance of getting a refund?
I think the problem is that no one is prepared for this and there are no contingency plans in place. You would hope there would be a chance of the refund no matter what the club.
Initially I would guess it would just be a postponement and you may have to wait for cancellation before a refund
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

A contract of sale or service is just that, if that service or product is not then supplied then the contract is nul and void and any reputable business would return the money, although if an alternative date is offered that happens to be inconvenient for the purchaser that may be different. I would not expect any money to be returned until cancellation rather than postponement is announced. Not sure how the situation is affected if purchase is by credit card.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Well the Tigers ticket policy is as follows :~
3) In the event of postponement, or should a game be rescheduled this ticket will be valid for the rearranged match only. It is the ticket holder's responsibility to ascertain the date and kick off times of the rearranged match.The club will have no further liability whatsoever, including [but not limited to] any indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of enjoyment or travel costs.

8) Tickets are non-refundable.

So pray for rescheduled games and then expect this forum to be full of "why Friday night and why Sunday games? Oh I cannot make next Tuesday either!" Looks as though the Castres ticket is a loss but will try to keep the club afloat. :smt010