Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Sale Sharks

Post by ourla »

Are they the real deal this season?

With Sarries out the picture it would be ironic if someone pipped Exeter to the Prem. But Sale are looking pretty hot right now. Solomona is back, Sean O'Brien and Lood de Jager are fit and back playing, they have Faf, and so on....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: Sale Sharks

Post by kk20gb30 »

At full strength ,in a One off game could beat anyone in the Premiership.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Very good team, definite contenders. I do think Exeter might have the edge in a big game with all their home internationals back though.

Sean O'Brien plays for London Irish, BTW.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=kk20gb30 post_id=737879 time=1583548725 user_id=11619]
At full strength ,in a One off game could beat anyone in the Premiership.
[/quote]

I agree, and posted so in the recent thread about who could challenge Exeter.
Since their millionaire backers came on board, their recruitment, particularly of South Africans, has been extraordinarily good.
Add in the deal to have Hammersley and Mark Wilson this season and their squad looks strong.Not many missing from the six nations either.
Diamond really has few excuses now.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Diamond really has few excuses now

Quite, it would be OK to see them do well as their support base is not an easy draw. However his constant 'we don't spend anywhere near the cap' does get pretty grating!
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

fentiger wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:06 am
However his constant 'we don't spend anywhere near the cap' does get pretty grating!
Imagine how his top players feel!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

fentiger wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:06 am
Diamond really has few excuses now

Quite, it would be OK to see them do well as their support base is not an easy draw. However his constant 'we don't spend anywhere near the cap' does get pretty grating!
There's none of the "we don't spend up to the cap" business anymore. They probably have a marquee spot free though as their squad isn't massive in terms of depth. The academy plug the holes that arise with injury.

Diamond has always done well with the resources he's had and now he has some substantial South African resources Sale are towards the top. I think the crowd is growing as well. There's plenty of rugby played up there and now they can still support some of their own in amongst some big names it's a better draw.

If they can avoid Exeter until Twickers then anything can happen on the day. A semi final down at Sandy Park against a full strength Chiefs might be too much.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

If it's the Chiefs versus the Sharks in the final then I won't even bother watching.
It'll be like watching a geriatric Craven Week.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I like Sale, they're the one consistent bastion of Union in the north and I personally think its great they're doing well. I'd happily strand Steve Diamond on a desert island until he's learned to wind his neck in, but you can't have everything.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:04 pm I'd happily strand Steve Diamond on a desert island until he's learned to wind his neck in, but you can't have everything.
I think he'd be on your desert island a long time! I would say he has mellowed somewhat over time and he doesn't seem to rant or get out of control angry as much as he used to.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Longshanks wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:24 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:04 pm I'd happily strand Steve Diamond on a desert island until he's learned to wind his neck in, but you can't have everything.
I think he'd be on your desert island a long time! I would say he has mellowed somewhat over time and he doesn't seem to rant or get out of control angry as much as he used to.
At least his Sharks can circumnavigate his desert island!
SALE = South African Legends Experiences so I am advised. :smt051
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Whilst I'm confident that Sale will win the Cup this weekend, I'm not sure on their ability to beat Exeter in a semifinal or a final. I reckon it will be a shootout between them and the Bears for 2nd place though. I'm not entirely sure Northampton on staying in the Top 4.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni