Coronavirus: Sarries know best!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: Coronavirus: Sarries know best!

Post by BFG »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:12 am Based on current data from here https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

HK 107 cases 51 recovered 2 deaths, number of new cases declining

UK 164 cases, 8 recovered 2 deaths, number of new cases accelerating

A brief visit to HK airport for a flight transfer looks the least of the concerns.
You trust data from that country?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

BFG wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:21 am
drc_007 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:12 am Based on current data from here https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

A brief visit to HK airport for a flight transfer looks the least of the concerns.
More than most. International health authorities have been there for a while and have complimented them on the "social distancing" regime. Unfortunately I can't see it being implemented in other countries.

Edit
Just to amplify on my response. HK has closed schools and universities since the middle of January, people have been encouraged to work from home; public sports facilities and museums have been shut; and they have been told to avoid large gatherings. They are particularly sensitive since the SARS epidemic killed a number of people in 2003.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:25 am
BFG wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:21 am

More than most. International health authorities have been there for a while and have complimented them on the "social distancing" regime. Unfortunately I can't see it being implemented in other countries.

Edit
Just to amplify on my response. HK has closed schools and universities since the middle of January, people have been encouraged to work from home; public sports facilities and museums have been shut; and they have been told to avoid large gatherings. They are particularly sensitive since the SARS epidemic killed a number of people in 2003.
HK society is finally shut down and total national control is restored...
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Doomed I say we're all doomed.
The end of the world is nigh. Were at the edge of the apocalypse.The four horsemen cometh.
:smt015 :smt015