England v Wales

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

England v Wales

Post by Chobbsy »

Will it be the same team? Or will we start with 2 proper wingers and a real 8?

I know the loose heads will probably be the same 2 Genge & Marler as although Mako is back is now in voluntary quarantine.

The one certainty is our back row will need to be at their best
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: England v Wales

Post by strawclearer »

- and, more importantly.....

What's the best / easiest / quickest way of getting from St Pancras to the ground?

In the past, I've always gone down by coach rather than train so - any advice much appreciated!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:24 pm - and, more importantly.....

What's the best / easiest / quickest way of getting from St Pancras to the ground?

In the past, I've always gone down by coach rather than train so - any advice much appreciated!
I would probably go to Waterloo by tube and then to Twickenham station on local service. About 15-20 min walk from there to stadium.
bendy

Post by bendy »

fentiger wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:31 pm

I would probably go to Waterloo by tube and then to Twickenham station on local service. About 15-20 min walk from there to stadium.
Agreed. A route planner might try and suggest you change at Vauxhall and/or some other intermediary station after Waterloo, but if you take that approach, and depending on what time you're travelling, you run the very real risk of not being able to get onto the packed trains that depart from Waterloo. Travelling in comfort it is not.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I have a feeling it will be Wilson starting at 8.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

bendy wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:06 pm
fentiger wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Agreed. A route planner might try and suggest you change at Vauxhall and/or some other intermediary station after Waterloo, but if you take that approach, and depending on what time you're travelling, you run the very real risk of not being able to get onto the packed trains that depart from Waterloo. Travelling in comfort it is not.
Thanks both!
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Presumably George Ford at 10 but anxious to see who his opposite number will be.

Has James Hook officially retired??
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Longshanks wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:49 pm Presumably George Ford at 10 but anxious to see who his opposite number will be.

Likely to be Biggar - him, North, Williams and Navidi all reckoned to be in with a chance of being fit. Could Costelow figure if Biggar doesn't make it!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

If George North is even considered, the Welsh RFU should be hung, drawn and quartered considering North's recent concussion history.
Semper in excretia
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:07 pm
Longshanks wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:49 pm Presumably George Ford at 10 but anxious to see who his opposite number will be.

Likely to be Biggar - him, North, Williams and Navidi all reckoned to be in with a chance of being fit. Could Costelow figure if Biggar doesn't make it!
Call up for Sheedy? Unsure if he'd accept it, he played an uncapped game for England. He was born in Wales to Irish parents but has spent quite a chunk of his life in England.

Jarrod Evans of Cardiff and Sam Davies of the Dragons could get called up. They both are quite creative but not the best at controlling a game.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:10 pm If George North is even considered, the Welsh RFU should be hung, drawn and quartered considering North's recent concussion history.
Too big a risk - reputationally and legally, should anything go wrong.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Sheedy more likely than Costelow.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Poor George North should retire as of now, because the damage he is consistently receiving will shorten his life dramatically.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Go direct, that's the quickest, but I wouldn't start from there. Sorry about that, I couldn't resist. Coat, get my. :smt052
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

You've asked three different questions there, strawclearer. The "best" in my opinion (although I'm Loughborough born and bred I've lived in suburban London for 40+ years and am increasingly allergic to long queues and overcrowded trains) is slightly unorthodox. Take Piccadilly line from Kings Cross to Hounslow East. You'll probably get a seat and you can read your paper & contemplate our forthcoming dismantling of the Welsh team. From HE it's a 15 minute stroll to the Royal Oak, Worton Road. Time to enjoy a pint or two of London Pride. It's a rugby pub, crowded but not unbearably so. The pub is bang opposite the path through the water purification works that is 10/15 minutes walk to Twickenham North Stand. I watch on TV now but for 20 years we never missed a home international and I found this by far the best route as it avoids queues and uncomfortably crowded trains and uncomfortably crowded Twickenham pubs. If you think you might be interested in this modus operandi check out tube details on TFL journey planner.