Kyle Eastmond

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kyle Eastmond

Post by wellstiger »

Comments made to instill a mindset, to step up to the challenge and be counted.
Sorry to knock - Lead by example please. As it has been lacking all season.

Forgot........... a new coach is on his way.!!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Kyle Eastmond

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Hardly been a massive success, to me he is often part if the problem.

He is still living on one seasons success at Bath with Ford.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

To me he's a player who could be a great asset with the right coaching and the right playing structures.

I think when a team has been playing like we have the last 2/3/4 seasons it's hard to discern what players are underperformed and which are being badly coached/managed.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

He's been fine IMO, consistently average. That's sort of the issue, that we've not been able to recruit or promote anybody better to replace him.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:09 pm He's been fine IMO, consistently average. That's sort of the issue, that we've not been able to recruit or promote anybody better to replace him.
At the time of signing Mr Cohen said in 2018 at the open supporters forum

"Kyle Eastmond is a pretty good signing and addition to this squad, which we should be excited about. Looking at at whether we will sign an international standard player, yes, but will it be at centre I am not sure."
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

I think ultimately the point is this:

Who could Tigers afford/attract/get more out of than the man we already have?

I don't the names are in great supply.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Actually feel sorry for the backs, especially the centres, clearly there is no attacking structure or first phase moves. Therefore it must be very difficult playing in the centres at the moment for Tigers. Eastmond, Reid and Taute aren’t awful players and in the right system would do just fine.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:12 pm Actually feel sorry for the backs, especially the centres, clearly there is no attacking structure or first phase moves. Therefore it must be very difficult playing in the centres at the moment for Tigers. Eastmond, Reid and Taute aren’t awful players and in the right system would do just fine.
It's a tough situation to rationalise. With coaches Murphy and Ford calling the shots and players who are fundamentally skilful enough to deliver, you tend to think there could be up to 3 potential obstacles:
A. Coaches aren't capable of getting their strategy across (unlikely given their pedigree and reputation);
B . Players are not receptive to the coaching given;
C. Lack of confidence is undermining execution.
A number of commentators flag up the last of these as being more likely in which case I would have hoped a decent run in the Challenge Cup might have improved the mindset. If it has then the benefits seem to have been short-lived.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Kyle Eastmond has played very well all season and he cannot help how others around him play.
At Sale after Taute went off he was encouraging those around to defend by getting into the line faster: not his fault the backs didn’t respond.
The only good half away from home care at Quins when, surprise, surprise, Ford was at Fly Half. What Kyle is saying is probably more directed at quite a few of the forwards who have been very inconsistent and fail to listen to the ref!
Time to cheer all the team on v Worcester especially with our injury list!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think he has played better this season, especially defensively.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Hmm. I just don't rate him at all.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Don’t blame Eastmond for the way in which the players play. He has shown he is prepared to get stuck in, but has been frustrated by all round him, coaches and players, not providing the kind of structure and ball that would allow ANY back to perform at their best.
Valhalla I am coming!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Terribly overrated,living off one good season!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Well in my opinion we have the worst attack in the premiership.Telusa is the only threat and the rest are pedestrian at best. Eastmond is certainly one of the best defenders whereas Olowefela is truly pathetic.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:07 pm Well in my opinion we have the worst attack in the premiership.Telusa is the only threat and the rest are pedestrian at best. Eastmond is certainly one of the best defenders whereas Olowefela is truly pathetic.
Owolfela is improving. I wouldn't say pathetic because he never hides and tries to avoid making the tackle. He seems very worried about being stepped and the opposition winger going past him on the outside if he commits early to the tackle so tends to stay upright and either push the player back into the cover defence or make them go on the outside where he uses his pace to make a side on tackle. Years ago that was textbook wing defence, these days you need to be more dominant in the collision than that. The staying upright does lead to him getting shrugged off a bit when forwards find themselves in wider channels as well he needs to read the attacker and go lower on the big guys.