Murphy's "vision".

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Baz

Murphy's "vision".

Post by Baz »

Apparently, all will be revealed in the latest issue of the Tigers Times!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Murphy's "vision".

Post by JP14 »

Simple enough really I would imagine, bring up the youngsters produced by the academy into the first team set-up, ensure the players know what being a Tiger really means and that they buy into that; and return the club to being the top of European and domestic rugby.

Easier said than done...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

You have to give the man credit, to have such an abysmal win percentage yet not get laughed out of the building for making grandiose statements about the plan is pretty impressive.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

He is Irish. They always :censored: waffle when under pressure. And his waffling makes Lenny Verruca look like an Amateur. To be sure, to be sure.
Heavens, do we really have to put up with this twaddle for another season.??????
He cant fricking Coach, and he can even waffle properly.
Get rid....
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 pm You have to give the man credit, to have such an abysmal win percentage yet not get laughed out of the building for making grandiose statements about the plan is pretty impressive.
Total win % across all games this season

Exeter 76%
Sarries 67%
Bristol 61%
Saints 52%
Sale 52%
Tigers 48%
Bath 43%
Harlequins 43%
Wasps 38%
Worcester 38%
Irish 33%
Gloucester 29%
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Tigers has become a strange warehouse for storing people employed on significant salaries to fulfill specific roles, who then disassociate themselves from responsibility for the role. Which is why we have a CEO (a reminder the initials stand for Chief Executive Officer) whose only area of expertise appears to be to say “that’s not my area of responsibility”. In the case of our Head Coach, think what would happen if the Director of NASA mirrored Murphy and kept on going on tv after yet another rocket has crashed with serious loss of life, only to observe that it was because “the astronauts are a bit naive”. As if the disaster had nothing to do with him. Then of course there is the defence coach.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Thus far, the/his greatest achievements ( to me ) have been securing the signitures of Ford and Genge on contract extensions...
The academy has developed and prospered , however I find it both noticable and a little disconcerting that those who have 'graduated' to the matchday squad/first team seem more vulnerable to public tongue-lashings , 'outings',criticism & replacement than their more experienced and more deserving ( in this particular sense) senior colleagues
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

kk20gb30 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:02 am Thus far, the/his greatest achievements ( to me ) have been securing the signitures of Ford and Genge on contract extensions...
The academy has developed and prospered , however I find it both noticable and a little disconcerting that those who have 'graduated' to the matchday squad/first team seem more vulnerable to public tongue-lashings , 'outings',criticism & replacement than their more experienced and more deserving ( in this particular sense) senior colleagues
+1
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 pm You have to give the man credit, to have such an abysmal win percentage yet not get laughed out of the building for making grandiose statements about the plan is pretty impressive.
Total win % across all games this season

Exeter 76%
Sarries 67%
Bristol 61%
Saints 52%
Sale 52%
Tigers 48%
Bath 43%
Harlequins 43%
Wasps 38%
Worcester 38%
Irish 33%
Gloucester 29%
If Calvisano are included in those percentages then they should not be taken seriously in my opinion.
Likewise with Krasnoyarsk in Worcester's.
Then there is Sarries.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

One thing to add to this - the players really rate GM as a coach.........

They would not do this if they did not have faith that he and they could turn things around - this was never going to be a quick fix, but you should be clear that whatever the fan "experts" think (including me), the players, the actual people who need to believe in the structure do believe in it........
Less is more....
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

It's so easy these days to go from hero to zero.

I can't pretend I know the answer to the club's problems and I have no doubt they are complex and not as easily resolved as some seem to think. However, I do believe that the likes of Smurf and others are trying very hard to find the right solution and I do think that we have some world class players and that things will get better.

My glass is half full and I look forward to future success. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 pm Total win % across all games this season

Exeter 76%
Sarries 67%
Bristol 61%
Saints 52%
Sale 52%
Tigers 48%
Bath 43%
Harlequins 43%
Wasps 38%
Worcester 38%
Irish 33%
Gloucester 29%
48% is still losing more than winning. Then when you look at the statistic that matters out of all this, and by that I mean excluding the Premiership Cup trial games, and the Challenge Cup second tier games, our win rate is 27% in the Premiership, and still Murphy has a 'vision' to talk about. Maybe he should've gone to Specsavers.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

DingDong wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 am
kpj tiger wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 pm Total win % across all games this season

Exeter 76%
Sarries 67%
Bristol 61%
Saints 52%
Sale 52%
Tigers 48%
Bath 43%
Harlequins 43%
Wasps 38%
Worcester 38%
Irish 33%
Gloucester 29%
48% is still losing more than winning. Then when you look at the statistic that matters out of all this, and by that I mean excluding the Premiership Cup trial games, and the Challenge Cup second tier games, our win rate is 27% in the Premiership, and still Murphy has a 'vision' to talk about. Maybe he should've gone to Specsavers.
That’s right filter out the games that we have won and belittle the challenge cup even though it is a route to the champions cup next season.
A2O
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 am
DingDong wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 am

Exeter 76%
Sarries 67%
Bristol 61%
Saints 52%
Sale 52%
Tigers 48%
Bath 43%
Harlequins 43%
Wasps 38%
Worcester 38%
Irish 33%
Gloucester 29%
That’s right filter out the games that we have won and belittle the challenge cup even though it is a route to the champions cup next season.
That's right, bury your head in the sand and live off shallow victories and ignore the reality. If you think our performances are a way to succeed in the Champions Cup then carry on taking the medicine :smt030
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

^^+1
Valhalla I am coming!