Murphy's "vision".

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Murphy's "vision".

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I'll apologise, I didn't realise it was that high even factoring in all the mickey mouse games. It certainly doesn't feel like we've won 48%.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

We're getting a new head coach in a few weeks, so we can put to bed GM win ratio and start on SB instead!!
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Yes, Murphy tries hard.

Yes, the players seem to like him.

Yes, he may have a vision.

But results trump all of those things. And the painful fact is that, during his leadership, results have been diabolical.

This would only be tolerated from a club legend.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

The players like Murphy.

They also liked MOC.

‘Nuff said.
Valhalla I am coming!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

fleabane wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:45 pm The players like Murphy.

They also liked MOC.

‘Nuff said.
Not strictly true - as I understand it, there was around a 50/50 split of those who liked and those who disliked MOC. Generally speaking, I believe it was the backs who liked him an the forwards who hated him (but I will stand to be corrected/shot down etc)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:19 pm
fleabane wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:45 pm The players like Murphy.

They also liked MOC.

‘Nuff said.
Not strictly true - as I understand it, there was around a 50/50 split of those who liked and those who disliked MOC. Generally speaking, I believe it was the backs who liked him an the forwards who hated him (but I will stand to be corrected/shot down etc)
Yep, his favourites were backs, the forwards generally tried to wind him up as he would explode with expletives - or so I was told.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Seems like a lot of overreacting on here.

Club and GM both state that day to day coaching is not GM's strong point.
Club find and sign what the majority of rugby fans feel is a very good coach on the up to take over the coaching team.
Players etc sing GM's praises when it comes to vision etc and fans generally happy with the large increase in game time that younger players are getting and the overall direction that signings are going.
Big names/key players happy to stay and resign contracts.
Impossible to get relegated this season no matter what happens so doesn't matter that the new coach can't arrive instantly and there may be a few losses in between.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:45 pm Seems like a lot of overreacting on here.

Club find and sign what the majority of rugby fans feel is a very good coach on the up to take over the coaching team.
Players etc sing GM's praises when it comes to vision etc and fans generally happy with the large increase in game time that younger players are getting and the overall direction that signings are going.
Impossible to get relegated this season no matter what happens so doesn't matter that the new coach can't arrive instantly and there may be a few losses in between.
^^^
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Baz wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:15 pm Apparently, all will be revealed in the latest issue of the Tigers Times!
I think his 'vision' is to keep his job...

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:47 pm
Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:45 pm Seems like a lot of overreacting on here.

^^^
A very casual approach to an unacceptable and demeaning situation. I hope you don’t run a business.
Valhalla I am coming!
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

What exactly would you do? Replace Murphy as coach? Oh wait, the club have already done that, they're just waiting for the new guy to serve his notice period.

Don't pretend that running any sports team is like running a normal business.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

From the Mercury:

Jonah Holmes says that Leicester Tigers are still aiming for the Gallagher Premiership play-offs despite currently sitting in 11th place.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

FWIW I think that Murphy is ideal for a DOR role. There is no doubt that he has the best interests of the Tigers at heart and the fact that he has persuaded Ford and Genge to re-sign indicates that he good at selling his vision to existing players but he is just not a good coach.
With the players we have and the rumoured new signings plus the addition of Borthwick we should be in a much better place next season :smt003
A2O
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

sapajo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:43 am From the Mercury:

Jonah Holmes says that Leicester Tigers are still aiming for the Gallagher Premiership play-offs despite currently sitting in 11th place.
He must be delusional. One of many. I think what is needed is for the players to step up and be counted (see Kyle Eastmond comments). Previously the players have only stepped down and not been counted. This will no doubt be a pivotal moment in the season, starting with a vastly improved performance against Worcester on Saturday. I mean if the players can step up and be counted, it is the dawn of a new era.
Last edited by RichieB on Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:18 am FWIW I think that Murphy is ideal for a DOR role. There is no doubt that he has the best interests of the Tigers at heart and the fact that he has persuaded Ford and Genge to re-sign indicates that he good at selling his vision to existing players but he is just not a good coach.
With the players we have and the rumoured new signings plus the addition of Borthwick we should be in a much better place next season :smt003
We can all have a vison, mine is with Tigers dominating once again.

However having a vision is entirely different to having a Scooby Doo of an idea how to implement that which is where I fall down and why I shouldn't be made DOR. I fear the same muight apply to Geordan.