SARRIES FUTURE

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: SARRIES FUTURE

Post by Noggs »

I understand all that. You were saying that I suggested 'breaking the rules' in punishing them which I wasn't.

Clearly we are going round in circles so let's leave it there.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

It's getting a bit boring this continual harping on about Saracens. The salary cap system is audited, They thought they had found a way round the rules that did not breach them, on investigation they were deemed to have gt it wrong and were punished, we may or may not think the punishment enough but the ones in possession of all the fact thought it adequate in the circumstances existing at that time. Due to the pandemic circumstances have changed, I don't think it appropriate or legal to change that punishment in the light of the changed circumstances, let us not for get that in order for professional rugby to continue there has to be a sufficient number of professional clubs and people willing to invest in them, Saracens trial and punishment is behind them and us, we do not need to forget the wrong they did but we do need to just get on with supporting our own team and rugby in general.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:36 pm It's getting a bit boring this continual harping on about Saracens. The salary cap system is audited, They thought they had found a way round the rules that did not breach them, on investigation they were deemed to have gt it wrong and were punished, we may or may not think the punishment enough but the ones in possession of all the fact thought it adequate in the circumstances existing at that time. Due to the pandemic circumstances have changed, I don't think it appropriate or legal to change that punishment in the light of the changed circumstances, let us not for get that in order for professional rugby to continue there has to be a sufficient number of professional clubs and people willing to invest in them, Saracens trial and punishment is behind them and us, we do not need to forget the wrong they did but we do need to just get on with supporting our own team and rugby in general.
I agree with respect to the historic situation but I think PR could look again at the rules and in particular the sanctions available in the future to try to prevent clubs retaining their ill gotten gains, should something similar be found.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

This topic is going round in circles and is going to be locked. This is a Tigers Forum and preference is on Tigers rugby related.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk