Super User
Super User

Re: Is this a case of....

Post by Big Dai »

Scuttle wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:29 pm
Big Dai wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:07 pm
Scuttle wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:08 pm

Excuse me.......and us backs as well 😂😂
Apologies. Every team cheats in the scrum. These days the backs are in the congratulatory party so the are complicit in deceit.
No I am still not sure about that; they may all run in and clap the forwards on the back; whoop and holler and Remys all round. But they still have absolutely no idea what has gone on.
But they are slapping the backs of those who have cheated in blissful ignorance? Therefore they are complicit?........Remys all round? Oh how I wish I could raise myself to that level tonight........
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Is this a case of....

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:18 pm
AngusMcCoatup wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 pm
Longshanks wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:50 pm I reckon this "statement" - whether concocted by Wyn Jones himself or team management - is aimed more directly at the Referee than the French. Mathew Carley is inexperienced at this level and this is an attempt to sow a seed of expectation in his head - a similar tactic with a top official, say Wayne Barnes, would be much more likely to backfire.
Matthew Carley is inexperienced at any level and with Karl Dickson on the touch line too after all the neck rolls, high tackles & off sides by Wasps last Saturday then it could be a field day for France based on incompetence. Unless Carley gets flattened and Wayne has to come on to Referee.. :smt034
If Carley is "inexperienced at any level", as you say, then he'd be nowhere near a 6N match! He's been appointed on merit so give him a break!
However, rest assured that touch-judge Wayne Barnes will have a word in his ear if anything untowards happens.
I will leave you Robespierre to analyse the competence of Carley as he has had too many atrocious games at Welford Road. This is the only game in the 6N that I cheer Wales on and there are many like us.
Wayne does not need blinkers and rarely uses the TMO :smt023
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!