Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5411
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by JP14 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:29 am

I would keep the same team with Wells playing at 7 as I assume Kalamafoni will be given the week off but he could recover:

1 Bateman
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Lavanini
5 Spencer
6 Liebenberg
7 Wells
8 Taufua
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Hughes
12 Eastmond
13 Taute
14 Holmes
15 Veainu

16 TPN
17 Leatigaga
18 Heyes
19 Batley
20 Reffell
21 Simmons
22 Reid
23 Worth

If Youngs, is given a ban Polota-Nau to start and Kerr on the bench.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5411
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21 Feb

Post by JP14 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:30 am

I know Hardwick had a shocker on Saturday, but it’s better to have the more experienced Reid on the bench to bring on if things are going badly rather than have Reid start in my opinion of course.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4168
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by Mark62 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:47 pm

Highly unlikely that Youngs will now be available so assume TPN will start.
Reid deserves a start at 10 he was very good on Saturday.
Would personally start with Reffell at 7 or the remaining Curry could blow us out of the water

OakhamTiger32
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by OakhamTiger32 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:08 pm

Mark62 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:47 pm
Highly unlikely that Youngs will now be available so assume TPN will start.
Reid deserves a start at 10 he was very good on Saturday.
Would personally start with Reffell at 7 or the remaining Curry could blow us out of the water
Agree with all of this.

Looked like a punch to me so we’ll have to wait and see what happens. Reid at 10 and Liebenberg Reffell Taufua would also be my choice for the back row but Wells often gets the nod. Tough game this one..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who yearns for the good old days!

BG01
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:19 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by BG01 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Agree with the above. I think something like:

1 Bateman
2 TPN
3 Cole
4 Lavanini
5 Spencer
6 Liebenberg
7 Reffell
8 Taufua
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Hughes
12 Eastmond
13 Taute
14 Holmes
15 Veainu

16 Kerr
17 Leatigaga
18 Heyes
19 Wells
20 Lewis
21 Simmons
22 Reid
23 Worth
Never believe generalisations

Noggs
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:41 am
Location: Leicestershire

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by Noggs » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:22 pm

Mark62 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:47 pm
Highly unlikely that Youngs will now be available so assume TPN will start.
Reid deserves a start at 10 he was very good on Saturday.
Would personally start with Reffell at 7 or the remaining Curry could blow us out of the water
:smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5411
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by JP14 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:16 pm

I did think as to whether Reffell should start but I have always thought of him as more of a Underhill type seven that tackles very well, occasionally can get the odd jackal turnover, and does the basics very well.

He might get the nod over Wells but the latter has been playing well.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2665
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by LE18 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Where is Green?

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3856
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by sam16111986 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:23 pm

LE18 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:00 pm
Where is Green?
Green and Guy Thompson were confirmed as injured and unavailable for last weekends game.

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2569
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by Chobbsy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:05 am

JP14 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:29 am
I would keep the same team with Wells playing at 7 as I assume Kalamafoni will be given the week off but he could recover:

1 Bateman
2 Youngs
3 Cole
4 Lavanini
5 Spencer
6 Liebenberg
7 Wells
8 Taufua
9 White
10 Hardwick
11 Hughes
12 Eastmond
13 Taute
14 Holmes
15 Veainu

16 TPN
17 Leatigaga
18 Heyes
19 Batley
20 Reffell
21 Simmons
22 Reid
23 Worth

If Youngs, is given a ban Polota-Nau to start and Kerr on the bench.
Sorry the back row is all mixed for me,

Taufua is a 6 play him there,
Reffell is a 7 play him there
Liebenberg is an 8 play him there

why this insistence on playing them all out of their normal positions? there is a difference in saying someone can play there than having an actual person who does play that position well playing there.

Everyone (me included) has been slagging EJ for playing Curry at 8
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5411
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by JP14 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:15 am

I disagree, Liebenberg is a 6. Tuafua can play in all 6 positions and it wouldn’t make too much of a difference.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5411
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by JP14 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:16 am

Curry is an out and out 7 who can cover 6, but I agree with you that Jones should have a proper 8 (Dombrandt, Simmonds or Hughes) instead of Curry.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

MCC1964
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: East Midlands

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by MCC1964 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:24 am

Mark62 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:47 pm
Highly unlikely that Youngs will now be available so assume TPN will start.
Reid deserves a start at 10 he was very good on Saturday.
Would personally start with Reffell at 7 or the remaining Curry could blow us out of the water
We seemed to manage Young and Willis last week who to me are more potent that t’other Curry.

happywomble
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by happywomble » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:33 am

Ian Tempest as ref for Friday night

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2569
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by Chobbsy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 am

MCC1964 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:24 am
Mark62 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:47 pm
Highly unlikely that Youngs will now be available so assume TPN will start.
Reid deserves a start at 10 he was very good on Saturday.
Would personally start with Reffell at 7 or the remaining Curry could blow us out of the water
We seemed to manage Young and Willis last week who to me are more potent that t’other Curry.
Exactly so just think what they could do if they all played in their preferred positions
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cardiff Tig, longlivethecrumbie and 2 guests