Post by Soggypitch »

Dan Cole tomorrow!
Soggypitch
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Captaincy

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:13 pm Dan Cole tomorrow!
As with all front rowers, he gets plenty of practise talking to the ref at scrum time:

"Who? Me, Sir? Never"
"Their loose head was angling in, Sir"
"The pitch just slipped out along with my feet, that's why I landed on my belly Sir"
:smt003
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:55 pm
As with all front rowers, he gets plenty of practise talking to the ref at scrum time:

"Who? Me, Sir? Never"
"The pitch just slipped out along with my feet, that's why I landed on my belly Sir"
I'm not convinced Dan says that many words in a whole week!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Hopefully the added responsibility will lead to better personal discipline. Great player that he is, he does give away too many penalties, particularly in the loose.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Freebird
Tiger Cub

Post by Freebird »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:58 pm
Cagey Tiger wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:55 pm

"Who? Me, Sir? Never"
I'm not convinced Dan says that many words in a whole week!
But those few words are worth waiting for. He's been captain before and we didn't get a penalty try when we had an overlap and there was a deliberate knock on, his comment to Sir was along the lines of "but it was the backs who had the ball, not me".
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Noggs wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:52 pm Hopefully the added responsibility will lead to better personal discipline. Great player that he is, he does give away too many penalties, particularly in the loose.
Omg some people can’t say anything without throwing a negative in. In his 12 plus years as a professional rugby player he has won considerably more penalties than he has given away
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:16 pm
Noggs wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:52 pm Hopefully the added responsibility will lead to better personal discipline. Great player that he is, he does give away too many penalties, particularly in the loose.
Omg some people can’t say anything without throwing a negative in. In his 12 plus years as a professional rugby player he has won considerably more penalties than he has given away
There are just some things that some people just know regardless of what any evidence or reason might say...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:16 pm
Ah, it's all your fault. Dan obviously read your comment and tried to redress the balance last night (v Sale), leading to him getting binned :smt002 :smt003
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

3 penalties for the same offence at the same line out resulting in a yellow card.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Pretty poor from Dan really, especially since in my view the Sharks weren’t deliberately holding the jumper up for too long.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

mol2 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:44 pm 3 penalties for the same offence at the same line out resulting in a yellow card.
One of the lesser recognised skills - lifting - that we lost when Marcos retired.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:13 pm There seems to be a growing consensus on here, at first glance at least, that Tom Youngs shouldn't be captain now, so my question is simple, who would you have be captain?

Personally I do not think it should be an England player that will be unavailable for large chunks of the season so that rules out George Ford for the full time position. Obviously it should go to someone likely to play whenever fit so for me the obvious choice would be Dan Cole, stalwart of the club, certain starter and his England days seem to be over due to his age. Rarely see him lose his head and comes across as very articulate in interviews.
Not Dan Cole that's for sure
God created rugby so footballers have heros too