Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Post by JP14 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:32 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:29 pm Despite the recent slump, I hope Kalamafoni’s service, effort, workrate will not be forgotten and has been one of our best signings in the past five years. He has been nothing short of excellent.
For one season at least, he was pretty much our only ball carrier
He’s always been really good, his try versus Bath at Twickenham, the kick pass to Jonny May versus Castres, mincing Gloucester’s Marshall, the list goes on. Really hope he goes out on a high.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Shame about Singleton but if the only option was a loan then i'm glad we went in another direction. Looking forward to seeing what Kerr and Mamukashvili can do.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I reckon some Saracens loanees might renegade on their contracts and extend their loans but it will be expensive for clubs to do so and I reckon only clubs like Bristol could do that.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Kamalafoni will be sorely missed. He's always given 100%, and been a credit to the club.

I'm extremely sorry to see him go, but wish him well.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:58 pm Shame about Singleton but if the only option was a loan then i'm glad we went in another direction. Looking forward to seeing what Kerr and Mamukashvili can do.
Mamukashvilli is an interesting signing, I know nothing of him and am hoping that he is strong on the basics and combative.
Singleton doesn't look to have kicked on, only moving with development potential whereas Earl in particular will add something extra to any team and is well worth even a loan in my opinion.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

BFG wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:24 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:58 pm Shame about Singleton but if the only option was a loan then i'm glad we went in another direction. Looking forward to seeing what Kerr and Mamukashvili can do.
Mamukashvilli is an interesting signing, I know nothing of him and am hoping that he is strong on the basics and combative.
Singleton doesn't look to have kicked on, only moving with development potential whereas Earl in particular will add something extra to any team and is well worth even a loan in my opinion.
He has 70 caps for Georgia so we know he can scrummage, if you can't scrummage you don't get into that team, let alone stay in it for so long
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

As I said previously, I hope he can throw accurately as well as scrummage!

In the meantime, last week's round of 6 Nations matches has made a real mess of our season :smt013
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’m still to be convinced on Singleton. He’s looked decent enough for Sarries in a pack that is on the front foot. This is a true test now. On loan and having to prove himself in an average pack at Kingsholm. You could argue Marais has been very good for Glos, so he’ll get a challenge for that starting spot.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

In England’s final episode of the Next Level, Itoje is giving a congratulatory speech to Borthwick post-match and everyone is saying goodbye to him so to me that suggests he’s finished with England...
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Interesting reading/listening relating the recruitment from Jan McGinity on the BBC Radio Leicester podcast and twitter feed. I guess not a lot new, but interesting perspective on recruiting England Internationals.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

RichieB wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:40 am Interesting reading/listening relating the recruitment from Jan McGinity on the BBC Radio Leicester podcast and twitter feed. I guess not a lot new, but interesting perspective on recruiting England Internationals.
It might be worth telling us what was said then :smt017
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:47 am
RichieB wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:40 am Interesting reading/listening relating the recruitment from Jan McGinity on the BBC Radio Leicester podcast and twitter feed. I guess not a lot new, but interesting perspective on recruiting England Internationals.
It was a 10-15 minute interview, so you really need to listen to it. Lots of interesting insight into recruitment, particularly the depth of analysis and due-diligence on a signing such as Nadolo.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:02 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:47 am
It was a 10-15 minute interview, so you really need to listen to it. Lots of interesting insight into recruitment, particularly the depth of analysis and due-diligence on a signing such as Nadolo.
Not sure if the interview in question is available yet, but when it is it'll be here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrs ... /downloads
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Social media seems pretty certain that May is returning to Gloucester. Hopefully just made up rumours with no truth.