Post by chewbacca »

Dont worry we can coach it out of him :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Post by ABClub »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:17 pm I'm fairly certain that Singleton won't be with us next year but I'd bet there will be a surprise somewhere in the hooking recruitment.
I rate Singleton but there are plenty of good hookers about. It's also on average the lowest paid position in the Prem and Pro 14, third lowest paid in the Top 14 so can understand the club not wanting to overpay if Gloucester are offering a big contract.

If Hanson or Marais are leaving Gloucester to make room for Singleton they'd be excellent signings.

Joseph Dweba is a fantastic hooker just missing out on Bok selection and out of contract after 2020 Currie Cup.

Joe Taufete'e is coming out of contract with Worcester.

Julian Montoya is out of contract with the Jags after this Super Rugby campaign.

If Stade Francais go down and cut their wage bill then Tolu Latu could become available.

In lower tier international rugby German Kessler was fantastic at the world cup and Shalva Mumukashvili is a terrific player for Georgia.

As said lots of good hookers about.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

On Facebook Nadolo all but confirming telling Jordan Taufua to get him so golf clubs

Leicester Tigers Fan Group

Well captured Ben Pyle
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Knightonian wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:13 pm On Facebook Nadolo all but confirming telling Jordan Taufua to get him so golf clubs

Leicester Tigers Fan Group

Well captured Ben Pyle
Let's hope we are keeping May as well. A Nadolo, TV, May back three would be great to watch. The big Fijian would take a lot of the weight from Manu's shoulders to make the hard yards and the dummy lines.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Taufete’e has signed for Lyon.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Nadolo would be a spectacular signing. Someone to get Welford Road on its feet, as Naiyaravoro has done down the road.

I just hope we're not splurging a whole heap of salary cap on him because there are definitely positions in the XV that are much more in need of heavy investment.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:00 am Nadolo would be a spectacular signing. Someone to get Welford Road on its feet, as Naiyaravoro has done down the road.

I just hope we're not splurging a whole heap of salary cap on him because there are definitely positions in the XV that are much more in need of heavy investment.
I'd tend to agree on the cap if he was an England international. However, as he will be available for the full season I think it would be money well spent - especially if Lenny and/or May are retained on lower terms.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

I’ll be happy we’ve signed him but not as happy if it’s to replace May.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:13 am I’ll be happy we’ve signed him but not as happy if it’s to replace May.
Will be interesting to see what our wing options are for next season. I'm purely speculating, but, I'd guess Tomo is likely to be released.

Potentially: Nadolo, May, Holmes, Olowafela
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Aspland-Robinson?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:13 am I’ll be happy we’ve signed him but not as happy if it’s to replace May.
From what I heard down the grape vine a few weeks ago it didn't sound like Nadolo's signing was predicated on May leaving, that said things do change quickly in a short space of time when it comes to contracts
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Only speculation, but I heard a whisper that May wishes to get back to Glouc.
Don't know if their budget will allow.
But with others nailing their flags to the Tiger mast and May quiet makes me wonder.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If May was to leave, I heard Newcastle we’re offering some money, he would certainly get more game time there then back at Gloucester with Thorley, Marshall, Rees-Zammit et al.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:15 am
From what I heard down the grape vine a few weeks ago it didn't sound like Nadolo's signing was predicated on May leaving, that said things do change quickly in a short space of time when it comes to contracts
Excellent news if true, assume that'd be us using the pay cuts we offered Youngs and May to top up Nadolo's wage. I'm excited either way, takes me back to the good old days of Alesana absolutely ruining outside back who strayed into his channel.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Be shocked if May went back to Gloucester, they’re stacked on the wing so highly doubt that. Still hoping we can keep him on reduced wedge.

Ryan Mills confirmed to be leaving Worcester. Would love to see him in a Tigers shirt, guy is seriously underrated.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/1 ... agreement/
Last edited by Leicestertinytiger on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.