LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Post by LE18 »

I'm 99.9% Certain Adam Thompstone is leaving.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So Costelow,Thompson,Kalamafoni and now May! One of the brightest potential talents out there and 3 of our best players. Loving the boards work!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:28 pm So Costelow,Thompson,Kalamafoni and now May! One of the brightest potential talents out there and 3 of our best players. Loving the boards work!
Don’t you bother reading anything else that anyone puts on this forum or do you just continue to post your own biased uninformed opinions
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:39 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:28 pm So Costelow,Thompson,Kalamafoni and now May! One of the brightest potential talents out there and 3 of our best players. Loving the boards work!
Don’t you bother reading anything else that anyone puts on this forum or do you just continue to post your own biased uninformed opinions
I've got ZERO confidence or faith in our board. Something that they have managed to build up with their own actions over many,many years. Excuse me if I dont get the trumpets out for them!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:45 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:39 pm
I've got ZERO confidence or faith in our board. Something that they have managed to build up with their own actions over many,many years. Excuse me if I dont get the trumpets out for them!
Yet again you put what you want not respond to the points raised.
Costelow was tapped up by the WRU to move to Wales.
Thompson is 33 injury prone and it’s unsure how much future rugby he’ll play.
Kalamafoni is worth no more than a years contract if Scarlets are offering him more then good luck to him.

All the above are facts widely discussed yet you choose to ignore them.

I agree about May but I also see the need to balance the books, if he is unhappy with that, then he has every right to move on, Lenny was offered a similar deal and chose to stay.
Either post facts or keep your uneducated biased opinions to yourself or join the Gloucester forum where you would obviously be much happier
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Oh silly me,you were obviously a participant in the talks between players and board then. I'll come to you with any contractual questions next time then :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yeak ok all seeing eye lol. We have a perfect board who never make any mistakes youre right. Phew ,I feel much better. Just must've been a 7 year nightmare then,on we go!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I apologise to everyone else on the forum. I am a realist and accept things aren’t great but these constant streams of negativity by certain posters get me down.

I hope everyone is keeping safe and let’s all try and look at the bigger picture
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Swagger wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:38 pm Doesn’t look good https://www.rugbypass.com/news/jonny-ma ... ter-tigers
Forgive me, but could this not possibly just be bored bloggers regurgitating old news? The article refers to Yarde coming our way in a swap deal but wasn't he recently rumoured to have been offered a new deal with Sale?

The 'guts' of the article are no different to they were a couple of months ago, it even refers to speculation for almost the entire season - so they just roll out a re-dated article. I see no confirmation of May leaving in that article, yet some go into orbit at the slightest whiff of a rumour. Laughable.

It may be possible, probable, highly likely even, but until such time as it is confirmed then why get hot under the collar. Bigger things going on in the World right now.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I personally don’t think May is that huge a loss yes he has scored some excellent tries but a back three of Holmes, Nadalo and Veainu is still top class and with Olowofela and especially today’s back-3 re-signings in the ranks our back three is more than covered.

I also have a hunch, that Rory Hughes will extend his stay which covers for Thompstone’s departure.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:48 pm I personally don’t think May is that huge a loss yes he has scored some excellent tries but a back three of Holmes, Nadalo and Veainu is still top class and with Olowofela and especially today’s back-3 re-signings in the ranks our back three is more than covered.

I also have a hunch, that Rory Hughes will extend his stay which covers for Thompstone’s departure.
May, Veainu and Nadolo with Homes on the bench is even better though
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:53 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:48 pm I personally don’t think May is that huge a loss yes he has scored some excellent tries but a back three of Holmes, Nadalo and Veainu is still top class and with Olowofela and especially today’s back-3 re-signings in the ranks our back three is more than covered.

not when you take into account all the games May misses with England, he's just not worth the sort of money he wants to Leicester Tigers
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:06 pm

not when you take into account all the games May misses with England, he's just not worth the sort of money he wants to Leicester Tigers
I don’t like this argument. If you want to win things, you need world class international players. That means the clubs best players will miss quite a few games but they’re still needed at the club if you want to win things.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I would be amazed if anyone would agree to stay with a 40% pay cut whilst playing the best rugby of their career (if that really is the deal on offer). Surely someone else will offer him considerably more than £150,000 and he'll be saying goodbye to Leicester.

Yes, he's older than last time he signed a contract, but his injury record has been good and there's nothing to suggest he can't put in another 2/3 years at the same level, as far as I am aware.

With the salary cap perhaps this is something that needed to happen, I will reserve judgement until we know the final squad for next season.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:11 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:06 pm

I don’t like this argument. If you want to win things, you need world class international players. That means the clubs best players will miss quite a few games but they’re still needed at the club if you want to win things.
Only if the rest of your players are good enough to get you into the latter stages of those competitions. Currently we have lots of top players sat around in May with no rugby to play. There has to be balance and currently Tigers seem too weighted towards those internationals - probably a symptom of complacency that comes from years of always making it to Semis and Finals. No point having a team designed to win finals if the squad isn't capable of getting there! The fact that even with those internationals we aren't capable of winning much is beside the point...