LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Post by strawclearer »

I rather think Moriarty is rumour, conjecture...and wrong!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 pm I rather think Moriarty is rumour, conjecture...and wrong!
Well we are well used to rumours but in such trouble times it provides hope and succor for some.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 pm I rather think Moriarty is rumour, conjecture...and wrong!
I said player like Moriarty for a reason... :smt031

Plenty of good backs rows available. Facundo Isa, Kane Zapeli, Marco van Staden, Henco Venter, Pita Gus Sowakula, Tevita Tatafu all meant to have been in talks with Top 14 clubs.

The forward recruitment for this season was good with all of Taufau, Lavanini, Liebenberg and Leatigaga having strong impacts. Several high paid forwards, a few of them approaching the end of their careers, coming out of contract should free up cash to strengthen further.

The back line I'm less convinced by. Though I think Nadolo is a good signing as it gives us another powerful ball carrier in the backs other than Manu.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Youngs Bros re-sign, according to BBC Leicester who are also reporting Nadolo signing!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

[*]Image
fentiger wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:09 pm Youngs Bros re-sign, according to BBC Leicester who are also reporting Nadolo signing!
If both Youngs Bros have re-signed, sincerely hope Tom took a similar pay decrease as Ben allegedly had to swallow.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Any idea what OTYs last deal was?
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Marvin Orie

Post by norfolkexpat »

Apparantly we have signed the Springkok lock, Marvin Orie, who played a few games for the Ospreys. The Rugby paper also states Murphy is on the lookout fora big No 8.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

If true, I hope it isn't instead of Alemanno!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RichieB wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 pm If true, I hope it isn't instead of Alemanno!
Ditto - not in the same league as Alemanno - a second string at best. However - the Orie 'story' seems to be just from Fissler who is only 50% right at best so.................
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

England and Saracens hooker Jack Singleton, 23, has been in talks about a move to Welford Road but his switch has fallen through after terms were agreed with 29-year-old Georgia No 2 Shalva Mamukashvili.

Negotiations are also at an advanced stage with 26-year-old South African flanker Cyle Brink. He’s been on our radar for a few seasons now.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Mamukashvili would be a strong signing. He's excellent at set-piece, at prime age for a front row and wont break the bank. 68 cap international in one of the best scrums in world rugby. I'd be delighted with that at hooker.

Excellent work by McGinity if the case. The sort of shrewd signing Tigers have lacked for a long time.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Wow Cyle Brink, I remember us trying to get him in 2017 let’s hope this pans out.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

ABClub wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:37 am Mamukashvili would be a strong signing. He's excellent at set-piece, at prime age for a front row and wont break the bank. 68 cap international in one of the best scrums in world rugby. I'd be delighted with that at hooker.

Excellent work by McGinity if the case. The sort of shrewd signing Tigers have lacked for a long time.
I'm not familiar with the player. If this is true - assuming TPN is off and away - that would leave us with Mamu, Kerr and Youngs at hooker. Is that good enough?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Shalva Mamukashvili confirmed
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RichieB wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:32 am
ABClub wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:37 am Mamukashvili would be a strong signing. He's excellent at set-piece, at prime age for a front row and wont break the bank. 68 cap international in one of the best scrums in world rugby. I'd be delighted with that at hooker.

I'm not familiar with the player. If this is true - assuming TPN is off and away - that would leave us with Mamu, Kerr and Youngs at hooker. Is that good enough?
I would guess he is replacing TPN, personally I think its a good pickup, he is a very experienced player, abrasive and with good fundamentals plus he'll probably be on a fraction of what we are paying TPN