Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:44 pm
fortysix wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:57 pm Dont fret.
At 33, he is streets ahead of any of our wingers apart from Holmes Veaninu and May..
I re-evaluate----- a full Motorway ahead .
Perhaps we are not signing him as a winger..
Probably not just as a winger. He's played a bit of 12 previously and I think on certain occasions may well do again. When we don't have Manu we are short of go forward in the centres. Can't see a Nadolo/Manu midfield I'd have thought he'd be more of a winger then during international call ups maybe do a spell in the midfield. At 33 he might be rotated in and out the side every so often just to keep him match fit for the international windows and we've got a few good wingers.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Perhaps he could fill in at No 8
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:25 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:24 pm Be shocked if May went back to Gloucester, they’re stacked on the wing so highly doubt that. Still hoping we can keep him on reduced wedge.

Ryan Mills confirmed to be leaving Worcester. Would love to see him in a Tigers shirt, guy is seriously underrated.

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/1 ... agreement/
I believe Mills is off to Wasps
I've heard Bath as well.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

At the game yesterday I heard from a reliable source that Nadolo signing will be confirmed tomorrow.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Unoffy reporting we have signed SA lock Marvin Orie. Super 15 Lions starting lock
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Review of the Lions season so far from South African press...

"The team’s two first-choice locks, Ruben Schoeman and Marvin Orie, have hardly done any damage to the opposition."
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If Orie and Alemanno are coming, that would signify that Spencer is on his way out. Personally I think Alemanno would be enough.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

The recent round of rumours, plus the potential addition of Nadolo begs the question as to if the board have learnt ANYTHING from the last 5 years recruitment failures.

Nadolo... JPP, anyone? Highly expensive luxury player towards the back end of their career.

Ovie... capped at international level but lacks the ability to break the gain line. (+ Will Spencer has signed for Bath)

Add that to potentially letting both Iseikwe and Mills sign for rivals and I’m pretty frustrated. Hope to be proved wrong
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:04 am The recent round of rumours, plus the potential addition of Nadolo begs the question as to if the board have learnt ANYTHING from the last 5 years recruitment failures.

Nadolo... JPP, anyone? Highly expensive luxury player towards the back end of their career.

Ovie... capped at international level but lacks the ability to break the gain line. Will Spencer has signed for Bath.

Add that to potentially letting both Iseikwe and Mills sign for rivals and I’m pretty frustrated. Hope to be proved wrong
“Potentially letting both Iseikwe and Mills sign for rivals”

What a ridiculous statement.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Not that this counts against Alemanno's signing as it would significantly increase our quality and strength , but it could/would potentially mean our first choice second row ( with Lavanini) disappearing when the Puma's have international fixtures.
Last edited by kk20gb30 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Our pack is gradually getting sorted and that will improve further when SB arrives.

But our backs without the England boys are truly woeful, so Nadolo sounds great to me and I also agree that Mills would be a good signing it we could get him, but young Lawrence (20) looked real class yesterday, I would love to get him!!

Lozowski - anyone know where he is going? Underrated player and ditched too early by Eddie imo.
Soggypitch
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:04 am The recent round of rumours, plus the potential addition of Nadolo begs the question as to if the board have learnt ANYTHING from the last 5 years recruitment failures.

Ovie... capped at international level but lacks the ability to break the gain line. (+ Will Spencer has signed for Bath)

I highly doubt Nadolo is going to be another JPP, he's still scoring tries for fun in the top14 and in JPP's defence he may not have been a try scoring machine but I think he still added some value (although probably not to the tune of what we were paying him)

As for Orie from memory he is a lineout forward which given our current lineout woes may help, will be interesting to see if its just Orie or Orie plus Alemmano
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Alemanno is not in the international frame at the moment I don’t think.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

“Potentially letting both Iseikwe and Mills sign for rivals

What a ridiculous statement.“

Okay. Slightly poorly worded. But not ‘ridiculous’. These two, for me, are the kind of signings that for a club like ours should be priority. English qualified. Stand out performers week after week in the GP. On the edges of international recognition. Would add a huge amount of quality to what is an extremely flat, underperforming squad. We should be going all out for this type of addition, in my opinion.

Whilst not ‘letting both sign for rivals’ I sincerely hope that we’ve at least spoken with said players reps to sound out what it would take to bring them to WR
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I think the whole Sarries saga has shown us that English qualified players with possible international futures are NOT the type of players teams should be buying!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer