Who is going to stop Exeter to the title.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Who is going to stop Exeter to the title.

Post by BigDan50 »

Watched the game tonight and who is going to stop Exeter from winning the title, ok they had a blip in the last quarter but for the rest of the game they were superb.
They have a great squad, the best coach in the premiership(unlike us with Murphy) who is going to stop them?
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Who is going to stop Exeter to the title.

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Nobody I don't think, Baxter has fine tuned his winning formula and their recruitment has been almost note perfect for about 5 years. Eventually he'll get the England job and somebody else (fingers crossed it's Steve Borthwick) will get a go at the top.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

In a one off game anything is possible
( as we have found to our cost in the past), Exeter do look the part however. Over the last two seasons or so even a full strength Sarries have found them hard to handle in the Premiership Final and this year they have every incentive to go one better. Personally would be surprised if they slip up.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Depends on how much their European campaign takes out of them. As Tigers have found in the past, battling on multiple fronts can drain resources.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:18 am Nobody I don't think, Baxter has fine tuned his winning formula and their recruitment has been almost note perfect for about 5 years. Eventually he'll get the England job and somebody else (fingers crossed it's Steve Borthwick) will get a go at the top.
I'd say 95% of the recruitment has been spot on but the signing of White as a 9 wasn't great. Rumours are he wasn't cheap either. Imagine Chiefs if they'd managed to get Reinach or de Klerk in instead. I think Chiefs are missing some real quality at half back and currently that's the difference with them being good over a season and a sure thing in one off games. We've seen in Europe that they've tended to falter.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Really unfair on Nic White I think he has been a really good signing for Chiefs. Chiefs will probably fall short in Europe but I can’t see anyone beating them in the final, despite losing to Sale and Bristol at home.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=kk20gb30 post_id=736162 time=1581741962 user_id=11619]
In a one off game anything is possible
( as we have found to our cost in the past), Exeter do look the part however. Over the last two seasons or so even a full strength Sarries have found them hard to handle in the Premiership Final and this year they have every incentive to go one better. Personally would be surprised if they slip up.
[/quote]

I agree!
I think Saints, and particularly Sale with their South African contingent, have the potential to upset them on their day, but I don't see any team stopping them finishing top.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tigers!

A miracle recovery to finish sixth. Sale penalised 20 points for playing ineligible South Africans and Saints punished 10 points in a drug cheat scandal.......then Tigers hit a miraculous run of form to win the final.

No.... I can't see anyone beating Exeter for the championship... But in a way I'm glad. Glad because they were robbed by Sarries previously.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

In response to the topic title, a referee who doesn't like players going off their feet to seal off the ruck!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

BFG wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:08 pm In response to the topic title, a referee who doesn't like players going off their feet to seal off the ruck!
Is there such a thing, these days?!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:20 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:08 pm In response to the topic title, a referee who doesn't like players going off their feet to seal off the ruck!
Is there such a thing, these days?!
If there is such a thing then the glasses haven't yet been invented to see it!