Tigers vs Wasps - 15th Feb

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tigers vs Wasps - 15th Feb

Post by DingDong »

tigerssteve wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:36 am My concern about White, is that it seems he is already getting himself a reputation for gobbing off at referees.
Completely agree, all he’s doing is irritating the officials which in turn will eventually cost a decision or another ten metres, unless he grows up quickly! Talented but far too petulant.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

DingDong wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:52 am
tigerssteve wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:36 am My concern about White, is that it seems he is already getting himself a reputation for gobbing off at referees.
Completely agree, all he’s doing is irritating the officials which in turn will eventually cost a decision or another ten metres, unless he grows up quickly! Talented but far too petulant.
Perhaps Ben White ( who I think had a great game) was tutored on Referee communication skills by by Tom Youngs! :smt013
I did note that Dickson went over several times and talked to Ben. Whereas Hardwick had a learning game with Thomas Young late tackling him many times. The touch judge (AR) on the Crumbie side was terrible, wrong throw in calls & no foul play or offside calls. Dickson had a bad game BUT we have seen worse at Welford Road so many times.
But a win is a win and we needed that onwards and upwards :smt023
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

+1

I also think he needs to stop flapping his arms up and down in an attempt to draw a penalty from the ref at breakdowns. I think he has learnt this from Ben Youngs and it just slows down the ball or contributes to the opposition clearing out as mentioned by tigersteve.
As Good As It Gets
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I think he cares about the result and wear his heart on his sleeve. We've seen him get involved with the opposition on a few occasions. I like the passion he just needs to pull it in a bit, particularly when talking to sir.

Let's face it though most 9s are in the ear of the ref and all 9s now look like they are trying to take off when the ball is slowed slightly at the breakdown. Youngs really picked it up when he was in England camp with Danny Care and Willi Heinz was complaining at every breakdown Vs Scotland.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just when I have the opportunity to discus a Tigers win down the "One Eyed Turk" over a Sunday lunchtime pint, the damned place is flooded.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I didn't think that White had a great game.
I didn't think that any backs had a great game.
It just wasn't the weather for it.
White's tackle to stop what should've been an easy slide in try by Kibirige was good though.
I was down that side of the terrace and it was pretty poor finishing by Kibirige.
I can't fault White's effort, he clearly tries his best and never gives up.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

For those carping about Tom Youngs's line-out throwing, yes, there were 5 consecutive linouts that went awry, but he ended up with 12 from 17, so successful the rest of the time, often the precursor in the second half to a decent maul. Not perfect, but not :censored:, especially in those conditions. Wasps really struggled in the second half while we struggled in the first. Might the conditions have had a hand in both teams struggles when playing in the same direction?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:40 pm For those carping about Tom Youngs's line-out throwing, yes, there were 5 consecutive linouts that went awry, but he ended up with 12 from 17, so successful the rest of the time, often the precursor in the second half to a decent maul. Not perfect, but not :censored:, especially in those conditions. Wasps really struggled in the second half while we struggled in the first. Might the conditions have had a hand in both teams struggles when playing in the same direction?
Would agree with that I think his final figures were 71% which in yesterday’s conditions is acceptable.
They certainly fixed things at half time which seemed to involve using Liebenberg more
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

DingDong wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:47 am

Ben Whites try saving tackle WAS by law a seatbelt tackle therefore we were lucky not to concede a penalty try. White grabbed on top of the shoulder when Kibirige was still in possession,

I don’t think the term ‘seat belt tackle’ is in the law. The term though refers to when the arm goes over the shoulder in front of the neck, like a seatbelt. Grabbing the shoulder is fine. Are you Lol in disguise?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:40 pm For those carping about Tom Youngs's line-out throwing, yes, there were 5 consecutive linouts that went awry, but he ended up with 12 from 17, so successful the rest of the time, often the precursor in the second half to a decent maul. Not perfect, but not :censored:, especially in those conditions. Wasps really struggled in the second half while we struggled in the first. Might the conditions have had a hand in both teams struggles when playing in the same direction?
The wind was varying and was blowing across the pitch so difficult for both hookers.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:52 pm
Would agree with that I think his final figures were 71% which in yesterday’s conditions is acceptable.
They certainly fixed things at half time which seemed to involve using Liebenberg more
Wasps seemed to stop competing at the line, probably terrified of our maul, but by competing they had been stopping it at source
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The wind was varying and was blowing across the pitch, as opposed to end to end, so difficult for both hookers.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:09 pm
The wind was varying and was blowing across the pitch, as opposed to end to end, so difficult for both hookers.
It’s been difficult for hookers across the premiership all weekend
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

northerntiger wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:54 pm
DingDong wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:47 am

Ben Whites try saving tackle WAS by law a seatbelt tackle therefore we were lucky not to concede a penalty try. White grabbed on top of the shoulder when Kibirige was still in possession,

I don’t think the term ‘seat belt tackle’ is in the law. The term though refers to when the arm goes over the shoulder in front of the neck, like a seatbelt. Grabbing the shoulder is fine. Are you Lol in disguise?
Point taken, so change ‘seatbelt’ to ‘high’ ie contact on or above the shoulder, which includes grabbing and is still penalised as a high tackle. Dickson didn’t call it because he (incorrectly) thought the ball was knocked on before the high tackle was made, nor did he refer to the TMO.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:03 pm Remy time...... At long last Remy time.

Thanks to the pack. There will be much moaning about the line out but in those conditions it's cow's backside and banjo time. Be realistic folks.
Big Dai I hope that you retrieved your Remy bottle from behind the settee and that you and your family are free from the terrible floods in your area. I bet Posh Richard lives on the hilltop but my thoughts are with the suffering families especially those in Crickhowell # my post caving wateringhole! :smt010