Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Ellis Genge Appreciation Thread

Post by Chobbsy »

bendy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:13 pm
Traveller wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:54 pm Pretty disgusted by Genge yesterday to be truthful. Where was the "just focussing on the next game" or the "taking one game at a time" comment. Nothing about "taking out the positives", or "the boys all believe there is more to come", or even "the boys are looking to develop". Not a single cliche along the lines of "Fair play to Scotland their a great team".

I fear the citing officer will be having a word with Master Genge.
Here here! There really is no place for this in the modern game. I thought players actually speaking their mind, honestly, without worrying about what the Media Officer would say on a Monday morning had been banished alongside letters on the back of your shirt.

Down with this sort of thing.
Plus drinking a beer !!! who has every heard such a think a rugby player nae a front rower no less consuming alcohol
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

TomWeston wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:56 am
loretta wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 am...

Got the impression Ellis was a bit narked at something in the afters following his try. Maybe a Scot trying to wind him up? If I’m right, I’d like to congratulate him for holding it in.
Watched the replay this morning. I don't think Ellis' face was scratched before his superb prop's try and a Jocky hand was around his eyes when he was on the ground after scoring. The ball was under his chest.

Yes - I spotted this - face was ok before try, scratched and blooded around the eyes after. You can see a Scottish hand near his face but then the camera cuts away - I don't think it was deliberate but that doesn't cut any sway with the powers that be (though it really should)
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

He was clearly very upset about something that happened following his try.

Without camera footage we will never know.

I thought it was interesting that the subject of respect for the kicker was mentioned after the game. There was a big contrast between the Jocks supporters and the Irish game on the Sunday.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Brilliant player, brilliant interview.

He's kept that explosive power and aggression that's always been there, but learnt how to channel it more productively and maintain his composure when others are trying to wind him up.

Should have a great career ahead of him for England and Tigers.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

He will become an absolute icon for Tigers England and the Lions. What a comparison in interviews .. Ellis is box office gold..
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

I too am so pleased that Gengie ~ Baby Rhino is at Tigers where playing capability rather than which school you attended is I believe the criteria! :smt023
Some people in the media complained about Gengie being interviewed with a beer, but having sat down, got a beer and then dragged off for an interview then Gengie is truly a wise man ~ had he left his beer in the changing room it would have been emptied and probably refilled with recycled beer! :smt030 So well spotted another clever move there.
Now there is a great article in The Mail today and with comments from Cockers and Andy Robinson too, this just emphasises how Tigers have trained and tutored him with Boris & players into a great player.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... ation.html
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:35 am As an old fart I am disgusted! A bottle of girly lager? What is required is a pint of best bitter, hand pumped, of course, followed by another six or seven. (With the trophy safely locked away, Mr Richards)

......... And not served in those fragile plastic contrivancies either! The ones where you try to grip them, the thing collapses, and you end up with half a pint in your lap!
Brilliant
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

I just love the fact that Tigers barred him from doing interviews - that was only lifter just before he did the house of rugby podcast. The guy is a legend - not for his potty mouth, but for the way in which he has developed his aggression as a weapon and his bants are top drawer :smt044