Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Hotel, Car Park and fanzone

Post by Noggs »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:28 am
Noggs wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:00 am I'm sure they will have done their homework with respect to available beds to service the Leicester market. In general wherever you seem to go in the UK you often find hotels fully booked if you are trying to book at the last minute so I doubt Leicester is any different.

I suspect the main market will relate to business travel and in providing accommodation for conference packages where Tigers provide the conference facilities. This is a huge market in itself and local hotel accommodation is a big draw in winning this type of business.

It would be good to know who the hotel partner is.
I like your very optimistic view that all hotels are doing very well and your assumptions on the Leicester hotel market. If only it were true...
Better half full than half empty :smt041
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=Tiglon post_id=735733 time=1581157690 user_id=9329]
[quote=Noggs post_id=735728 time=1581156017 user_id=6751]
I'm sure they will have done their homework with respect to available beds to service the Leicester market. In general wherever you seem to go in the UK you often find hotels fully booked if you are trying to book at the last minute so I doubt Leicester is any different.

I suspect the main market will relate to business travel and in providing accommodation for conference packages where Tigers provide the conference facilities. This is a huge market in itself and local hotel accommodation is a big draw in winning this type of business.

[/quote]

I like your very optimistic view that all hotels are doing very well and your assumptions on the Leicester hotel market. If only it were true...
[/quote]

The hotel operator has not yet been announced, but as I said before, I very much doubt that the scheme would be going ahead without an operator signed up. Marshall CDP has previously let hotels to companies like De Vere and Ramada, and most recently to Bespoke Hotels.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Noggs wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:00 am I'm sure they will have done their homework with respect to available beds to service the Leicester market. In general wherever you seem to go in the UK you often find hotels fully booked if you are trying to book at the last minute so I doubt Leicester is any different.

I think it depends on the pricing of the rooms - even smallest events in Leicester results in hotel room shortages.Conference facilities with hotels attached are always popular
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:46 am

Here he is again Mr negative :smt016
Personal insults again. Great comment, well done.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

MurphysLaw wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:56 pm

The hotel operator has not yet been announced, but as I said before, I very much doubt that the scheme would be going ahead without an operator signed up. Marshall CDP has previously let hotels to companies like De Vere and Ramada, and most recently to Bespoke Hotels.
Marshall CDP have done a couple of very well regarded pieces of work to be operated by Bespoke recently. If the deal for Tigers is simply rent or profit share then the risk is low.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

A hotel is not just about the public generally filling it up.
I'm sure many will want to use it occasionally.
My wife would be ecstatic if I presented it as a gift on our anniversary! :smt027
It's about filling it up with connected sponsors on a match day and conference events etc.
If you've got a hotel and parking on your doorstep then logistically you become a bigger national and international draw.
I've been to a few sponsors events around Europe down the years, for example Champions League football matches through Sony and always packed out with other sponsors at clubs such as Glasgow Rangers, Man Utd, Arsenal, Barcelona etc.
You can't just sleep on the street until you sober up!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I would imagine that Tigers (team/club) will be a distict legal entity from the Tigers entity that own the ground and those that develop the land so that if any of them hit financial problems the other is/are protected.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=mol2 post_id=735954 time=1581418307 user_id=5173]
I would imagine that Tigers (team/club) will be a distict legal entity from the Tigers entity that own the ground and those that develop the land so that if any of them hit financial problems the other is/are protected.
[/quote]

Yes, a Joint Venture company with Marshall CDP perhaps?
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

To fit in with the conferencing marking they will most likely go with a mid-range partner rather than a budget hotel.

They should get a lot of business from travelling fans including those coming to Leicester City games.

I can only see it as a great success and an asset for both Tigers and the city of Leicester itself. :smt038
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Hotel and Multi-storey Car Park

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Noggs wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:36 pm
Noggs wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:35 pm Work to get underway at long last :smt001

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/da ... velopments

The final scheme should look very impressive. Let us hope we have the success in the field of play to warrant it :smt041

With a bit of luck the club will set up some spy-cams to monitor progress. It was good fun when the new stands were built.
Forgot the link :smt009
It is still there and I too hope they add two or three webcams to show the developments.- https://www.leicestertigers.com/club/webcam
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!