Scotland V England

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Scotland V England

Post by CitizenSmiff »

It's unfair to judge an entire nation on the actions of a few idiots. This narrative is being spun up by the press for clicks, the vast majority of Scotland fans are lovely, 12 hours in Edinburgh and the the only bother I got was from some idiots in Quins blazers causing a row at Waverley.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Not judging a whole nation at all, just the mindless anti rugby patrons yesterday. I find most Scots actually like the English and don’t have the we hate the English chip on their shoulders. However, the press and media do enjoy stoking the fire.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Somebody better tell the moron in the crowd that several of the Scottish squad are actually English, not to mention the Kiwis, Aussies and Sarf African contingent.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Nice appreciation of Fordy here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51435385
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

Please can we change the playbook.
Turnover possesion = kick it
Lineout posetion = kick it
Ruck possesion = kick it, and on and on, it is so boring and mostly stupid, we won as the Scots were even more dire than us.

If that is the best we can do we may as well give up!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

BengalTiger wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 pm Please can we change the playbook.
Ruck possesion = kick it, and on and on, it is so boring and mostly stupid, we won as the Scots were even more dire than us.

"If the best you can do is win, you may as well give up"

Brilliant :smt046

Also, don't be so negative :smt023
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:42 pm Anyone see Borthwick yesterday?
The same thought occurred to me. Every time the cameras panned up to the box with Eddy Jones and the other coaches, Steve Borthwick was not to be seen. All I could think was that perhaps he was pitch side
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

BengalTiger wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 pm Please can we change the playbook.

Chilli sausages.
Meat with a kick.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

The Scots haranguing the kicker was nothing new. it happened in the past often enough, as Bill McClaren used to comment
on the "bad mannered booing" of the kicker.
But this Scottish nationalism is despicable. For SNP see BNP. What the wee krankie girl should remember is that there are only 5 million people in Scotland and 4 million voters. Of the remaining 4 Million, over one million are not ethnic Scots. There are upwards of 15 million ethnic Scots living in England and almost a million in Northern Ireland. Add to them the third, fourth and fifth generations living down here and you will see that the majority actually live outside Scotland. All of whom had the vote on BREXIT by the way.
I have lived on the south coast for many years. My neighbours on both sides are Scots. My Doctor is and so is my consultant. Add to them the members of all the professions, businesses and trades. Far and wide. Is there a family in Scotland that doesn't have relations south of the border? The Scottish chartered engineer that owns my local puts it very well. The schools and universities in Scotland are excellent and turn out fine graduates. There are far more than Scotland can employ and as a result, they "graduate" to England. The SNP seem to think that they then cease to be Scots, preferring to give the vote on independence to an Indian living in Glasgow and ignore the Scot in Portsmouth. As the UK population approaches 70 million, do they really think that the 4 million tale should be wagging the 65 million dog?
A life long Tiger