6 Nations 2020

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2020

Post by LE18 »

Wasn't Farrell's reaction to the ref in just the same petulant manner?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:49 pm Wasn't Farrell's reaction to the ref in just the same petulant manner?
Yes it was & often is, captaincy saves him from correct punishment.

Re Wales, Carley was rubbish.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

loretta wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:07 pm https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... s-in-italy

This might just be getting a bit messy. Coronavirus may cause problems.
Poor old Parisse. I can’t think of a better player in the professional era.

Was expecting a swan song appearance against the All Blacks. That got cancelled.
Now expecting an appearance at the end of the Six Nations.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Here's the French team for Sunday's match in Edinburgh:

15. Bouthier ; 14. Penaud, 13. Vakatawa, 12. Vincent, 11. Fickou ; 10. Ntamack, 9. Dupont ; 7. Ollivon (cap), 8. Alldritt, 6. Cros ; 5. Willemse, 4. Le Roux ; 3. Haouas, 2. Marchand, 1. Poirot

Bench 16. Chat, 17. Gros, 18. Bamba, 19. Taofifenua, 20. Cretin, 21. Serin, 22. Jalibert, 23. Ramos.

The good news is that Damian Penaud's back on the wing and that Teddy (revolving door) Thomas has been dropped!
Prop Cyrille Baille is injured and replaced by Jefferson Poirot.

And the Sweaties:

Hogg (captain); Maitland, Harris, Johnson, Kinghorn; Hastings, Price; Sutherland, Brown, Z Fagerson; Cummings; Gilchrist, Ritchie, Watson, Haining.

Replacements: McInally, Dell, Nel, Skinner, Bradbury, G Horne, Weir, Steyn

France by 30!!
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:41 pm Here's the French team for Sunday's match in Edinburgh:

15. Bouthier ; 14. Penaud, 13. Vakatawa, 12. Vincent, 11. Fickou ; 10. Ntamack, 9. Dupont ; 7. Ollivon (cap), 8. Alldritt, 6. Cros ; 5. Willemse, 4. Le Roux ; 3. Haouas, 2. Marchand, 1. Poirot

Bench 16. Chat, 17. Gros, 18. Bamba, 19. Taofifenua, 20. Cretin, 21. Serin, 22. Jalibert, 23. Ramos.

The good news is that Damian Penaud's back on the wing and that Teddy (revolving door) Thomas has been dropped!

And the Sweaties:

Hogg (captain); Maitland, Harris, Johnson, Kinghorn; Hastings, Price; Sutherland, Brown, Z Fagerson; Cummings; Gilchrist, Ritchie, Watson, Haining.

France by 30!!
For once I'm supporting the Sweaties!! France have been good but not good enough for a Grand Slam, also that would still give England a chance to win the 6Ns if the Italy game ever gets played...….
Soggypitch
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

teds wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:00 am
loretta wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:07 pm https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... s-in-italy

This might just be getting a bit messy. Coronavirus may cause problems.
Poor old Parisse. I can’t think of a better player in the professional era.

Was expecting a swan song appearance against the All Blacks. That got cancelled.
Now expecting an appearance at the end of the Six Nations.
Honestly (I know few will agree) I think Parisse is overrated. Now he's unarguably a very good player who has achieved impressive consistency and longevity at a high standard. However, I feel that often the OTT superlatives thrown at him by commentators is the result of desperately wanting to praise someone in an Italian shirt. Anyone else remember the time he attempted a drop goal in the dying seconds against France and completely fluffed it? As the no.8 and captain he should have been helping the team engineer a position for their fly half to have a good crack at it, but instead he gave in to his ego and his team lost an opportunity to win the game because of him. Nevertheless, the commentators could not have been more enthusiastic in singing his praise and praising the attempted drop goal specifically - I can't imagine any other player in the world being praised for causing his team to lose a match they should have won due to sheer arrogance.

He's a very good player, but he's far from the best and, as a player who's antics and attitude on the field mirror those of Sexton, I struggle to feel any sympathy for his ego missing out on one final media love fest.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:04 pm
Robespierre wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:41 pm Here's the French team for Sunday's match in Edinburgh:

And the Sweaties:

France by 30!!
For once I'm supporting the Sweaties!! France have been good but not good enough for a Grand Slam, also that would still give England a chance to win the 6Ns if the Italy game ever gets played...….
Shame on you, Soggy, supporting them heathen swine north of the border!!
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Six Nations have postponed tomorrow’s Scotland versus France Six Nations women’s match at Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow after a player tested positive for coronavirus.

The U20’s international match tonight in Galashiels continues as normal and the men’s match at BT Murrayfield on Sunday also continues as scheduled.

[Source: RugbyPass]

[[That's the source of the story - not the source of the coronavirus!]]
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Rumours coming out of France that the 6N Committee wants the whole of the last 6N round put back to October 31st.

A decision later today apparently.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I for one think it's fair that the entire last round gets postponed, for example if France had beaten Scotland and won the slam next week in Ireland there would have been little interest in the England vs Italy game as there would have been little to play for.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Seem to be managing this piecemeal - France - Ireland match announced as "postponed" in the last half hour.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Longshanks wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:26 pm Seem to be managing this piecemeal - France - Ireland match announced as "postponed" in the last half hour.
...but the Wales V Scotland Guinness Six Nations and U20 Six Nations matches will be going ahead as scheduled.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Longshanks wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:26 pm Seem to be managing this piecemeal - France - Ireland match announced as "postponed" in the last half hour.
Yeah, and I'm pretty hacked off as I had a ticket!! However, it'll be valid for the re-arranged date of October 31st.
Semper in excretia
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

If Scotland beat Wales they'll top the table until the other games are played!