6 Nations 2020

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2020

Post by JP14 »

Vincent was assured in defence but apart from Ntamack’s try, the French attack was lacking without Vakatawa. Bit of a worry about Rattez, will Penaud be fit in time or will it be a return for soldier boy Huget?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

No news on Penaud, for the moment. I hope he’ll be fit to go to Cardiff cos calling on Huget would be a backward step, in my opinion.
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Scotland lock Jonny Gray has been ruled out of the Six Nations due to an injury.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:11 pm No news on Penaud, for the moment. I hope he’ll be fit to go to Cardiff cos calling on Huget would be a backward step, in my opinion.
It seems that Penaud is unlikely to be in the squad for Cardiff. Even worse news is that Vincent Rattez who was a more than able replacement in the first two matches, broke his leg against Italy. So maybe Galthié will call on Huget, ot even Médard.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:11 pm No news on Penaud, for the moment. I hope he’ll be fit to go to Cardiff cos calling on Huget would be a backward step, in my opinion.
It seems that Penaud is unlikely to be in the squad for Cardiff. Even worse news is that Vincent Rattez who was a more than able replacement in the first two matches, broke his leg against Italy. So maybe Galthié will call on Huget, ot even Médard.
I would move Vakatawa to 11, keep Vincent and Fickou in the centres.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:25 pm
Robespierre wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm
I would move Vakatawa to 11, keep Vincent and Fickou in the centres.
Why not? I hadn't considered that option.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I guess we will see, the rest week gives Galthié plenty of time to accommodate.

There’s always the option of moving Fickou to 13, Ntamack to 12, start Jalibert and have Vakatawa and Thomas on the wings.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:26 am I guess we will see, the rest week gives Galthié plenty of time to accommodate.

There’s always the option of moving Fickou to 13, Ntamack to 12, start Jalibert and have Vakatawa and Thomas on the wings.
I'd be surprised, and disappointed, if the Toulouse half-backs Dupont and Ntamack aren't selected against Wales. They have the makings of a long-term half-back partnership for the French XV, but will be pushed hard by the likes of Serin, Jalibert and Carbonel.
Semper in excretia
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

How is it that Hogg and Harris are both released back to their clubs by Scotland, Braley released by Italy (all starters and there may be others) and England have not released any. This 6N period is just not fair, not a level playing field and needs to be moved.
Give blood, play rugby!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Because the RFU have an agreement with Premiership clubs that their players can be with England on rest weeks, the other unions have no control over their players in a foreign league, it’s just the name of the game.

The answer is not having Premiership games during the Six Nations.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

wardy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:18 pm How is it that Hogg and Harris are both released back to their clubs by Scotland, Braley released by Italy (all starters and there may be others) and England have not released any. This 6N period is just not fair, not a level playing field and needs to be moved.
Ewers is there.!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ewers, is that meant to be tongue-in-cheek? He hasn’t been in an EPS squad since 2017.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I predicted gli Azzurri to pip the Scots on Superbru, call me mad if you will but the Scots have been very poor and Italy played reasonably well against France and have had two more weeks to settle with Franco Smith.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

LE18 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:54 pm
wardy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:18 pm How is it that Hogg and Harris are both released back to their clubs by Scotland, Braley released by Italy (all starters and there may be others) and England have not released any. This 6N period is just not fair, not a level playing field and needs to be moved.
Ewers is there.!
I think you may be getting confused with Charlie Ewels who’s a second row and plays for Bath rather than Dave Ewers who plays back row for Exeter
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Bad news for France, that Damien Penaud is not fit to face Wales. Gaël Fickou will maybe move to wing leaving Arthur Vincent and Virimi Vakatawa as centres.
Also, Antoine Dupont is being treated for a recurring back problem, so if he's out then the odds of a French victory will lengthen considerably.
Semper in excretia