6 Nations 2020

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: 6 Nations 2020

Post by fentiger »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:51 pm Usually neutral as I find both very anti English. But with Sexton moaning and whinging at everything the Ref says, I am in the Welsh camp. The bloke is shocking. It’s like seeing a child being told to get out of the sweet shop.
..although more than a hint of forward in the lead up to the Welsh try! Still looked forward in replay :smt017
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Like the commentary said “depends on what colour glasses you have on”. I thought it was Southern Hemisphere flat...so forward!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The best angle showed that it was just about forward, like you said “Southern hemisphere flat” but I don’t think it will matter too much in terms of the game.

Ireland have the ascendency but both teams look jagged.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

The Scottish booing before the Farrell penalties is a bit sad and quite poor from Scottish fans who are usually quite balanced. Shame.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Shocking weather and game.
Time for the 6N to be held in June.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:18 pm The Scottish booing before the Farrell penalties is a bit sad and quite poor from Scottish fans who are usually quite balanced. Shame.
The Scots always boo away kickers especially England
A2O
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Listening to Guscott and Johnsons half time analysis, surely there must be someone better they are both equally awful.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

BFG wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:31 pm Shocking weather and game.
Agreed. It’s time for an an overhaul. As much as terrestrial TV tries to hype up the history between nations etc, etc it’s not cutting it for me. Conditions not helping but the quality of rugby is woeful. Errors, inane kicking, skills poor. Murray put a box kick up just inside the 10m line of the opposition half !! Italy are dreadful, everyday else ...not much better. Dire. Then there’s the coverage on the BBC. Second rate at best. Inverdale, Nicol, Guscott....oh dear, back to the dark ages. Moore.... they’re caught between proper analysis and trying to cater for someone who has never seen a game. The female interviewer is the worst of the lot.who thinks of these questions ?!

How you move the calendar around is a tricky one.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:39 pm So who do we neutrals cheer for in the Ireland v Wales match? Difficult, innit? I’m just a bit for Wales, mainly to shut up the annoying one-eyed Irish crowd! ..... and the whinger Sexton!
ABW when it comes to rugby, happy with both results yesterday.

Bring on the Irish and Welsh at HQ!
Soggypitch
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:42 am
BFG wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:31 pm Shocking weather and game.
Agreed. It’s time for an an overhaul. As much as terrestrial TV tries to hype up the history between nations etc, etc it’s not cutting it for me. Conditions not helping but the quality of rugby is woeful. Errors, inane kicking, skills poor. Murray put a box kick up just inside the 10m line of the opposition half !! Italy are dreadful, everyday else ...not much better. Dire. Then there’s the coverage on the BBC. Second rate at best. Inverdale, Nicol, Guscott....oh dear, back to the dark ages. Moore.... they’re caught between proper analysis and trying to cater for someone who has never seen a game. The female interviewer is the worst of the lot.who thinks of these questions ?!

How you move the calendar around is a tricky one.
June is the sensible option all round for the pro game.
The pitches are the better surfaces and well watered so hard pitches shouldn't be an issue at this level anymore.
June could also provide the opportunity for clubs to run some end of season fixtures against touring teams run alongside the Six Nations and get some fun back into the sport at that level as it's all gone just a bit too serious in my opinion.
You can't beat a bit of sunshine and rugby.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

And beer is always better when the cold doesn't make you want to 'p' it out straight afterwards!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Brings the worse out on twitter too. "Debating" with a guy who reckons AWJ walks into a world XV. His reasoning ,two lists on BBC and Rugby world that had him in both team of the year and team of the decade. Both lists also had Hooper as the the 2000s best blindside and Farrell as the decades best 12 🤣
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Who’s watching the France v Italy game? The Italians are such a different side to that which played in Cardiff last week. They are taking the game to the French who are far from what they are capable of being!
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

French just weren’t very cohesive with the game in the bag, defence still pretty good, Olivon and Aldritt my contenders for Player of the Tournament, Willemse had a good 45 minutes. If they win the breakdown and don’t give so many points away I’m still backing them to beat the Welsh.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Losing to the Welsh is unthinkable! Today’s game was great to watch, but the French will need to make fewer mistakes in Cardiff and I’d expect Vakatawa to be picked. Wales’ defence out wide is suspect and France will have to capitalise on that. A win in Cardiff and then in Edinburgh sets up a grand finale against the Irish in Paris - and guess who’s got a ticket for that match!!
Semper in excretia