IS this season a waste of money and time

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

terraceite
Tiger Cub

Re: IS this season a waste of money and time

Post by terraceite »

Don't get me wrong i've been a season ticket holder for 30 years+ . Even when we've been struggling these past few years checking on all teams next fixtures over a weekend and following non Tigers games on TV that influence where we might end up - THIS SEASON = NOTHING not relevant. :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I enjoy the game of rugby and meeting up with people that I have got to know well over the many seasons attending Welford Road. The results may not be what we want at the moment but their is still plenty of opportunity for Tigers to improve and climb the table.........top six is still in reach, Challenge Cup is stiil up for grabs........there have been improvements but whether they will come to full fruition before the end of season.....who knows? Its not over until the fat lady sings!!
This season has seen some new recruits and opprtunities given to the up and coming youngsters.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

The OP specifically mentioned this season so I guess it's more to do with the Saracens situation than Leicester's malaise.

You could approach it in a more positive light. People have complained that the salary cap wasn't being enforced and although it's late and a bit of a dogs dinner, it's finally happened. So know we have a Prem being competed for with a level playing field. Enjoy.

And for us specifically, it's an opportunity to get back on the right track for the this new world without any immediate threats of relegation. Murphy is going upstairs which many people were asking for and at least Borthwick has some genuine support and a lack of Tigers baggage.

I understand the negative thoughts, just trying to push the dial back the other way.

:smt003 :smt003
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

If we didn't have the dogs and very few dogsitters/lack of cash for professional dogsitters, we would have our season tickets again.
We have missed this and the previous season. I admit we may have stopped going to some away matches given our appalling form and balancing the £££ books in semi-retirement.
I used to go and watch Nottingham, that was far more masochistic as Ireland Avenue fell apart.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

So - I reckon if I missed the rest of this season because of the potential/given outcome then I'd miss out on :-
the re building of confidence
the restructuring of the coaching set up
the advancement of youth into first team
who is playing for pride in the shirt
the expectation of a new season.

Like reading a book - some go and read the final chapter first - I prefer the journey through the book to the ending.With jeopardy.
Like others have said you pays your money............... :smt035
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

As on any trip, enjoy the journey and not just the destination. There has been some good rugby played this season and whilst not always enjoying the result there is pleasure (most times) in watching the progress of individual players and the team as a whole. I do believe we are progressing and that silverware will come again in due course.

In the immortal words of Bill '...Keep the Faith...' :smt041
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

For us this season should be an opportunity to be bold.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

I'm a bit weird I know; for me I'm paying my money to be made to feel something and Tigers always manage that whether it's the elation of a hard fought victory, the amusement of a walk in the park, the despair of a crushing defeat or the frustration of being edged (the latter two being more common of late). Maybe I just need to get out more but it's the chance to feel rather than think for a while that justifies the ticket price to me.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I like to imagine all the money I've spent on tickets to watch us get battered has gone directly to pay Jordan Taufua's wages, that way it seems less like throwing it down a well. Also the fact that we all keep showing up will have been a big part of why Borthwick decided to sign on so that's a big plus.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

The fact that we match Saracens in terms of representation in the French game and exceed the representation of all other clubs says much about our potential to get back to where we need to be. It will come given time.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Noggs wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:35 pm As on any trip, enjoy the journey and not just the destination. There has been some good rugby played this season and whilst not always enjoying the result there is pleasure (most times) in watching the progress of individual players and the team as a whole. I do believe we are progressing and that silverware will come again in due course.

In the immortal words of Bill '...Keep the Faith...' :smt041
+1!
Semper in excretia
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

The reason to watch this season, is to see if we can develope our game without the trapdoor of relegation as an excuse for the dire dross we have had imposed on us for the past few years
GM can unleash the team without fear, we can lose without consequence so it realy should be style over substance, we should be looking forward to champaign rugby for the rest of the season!

I live in hope!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Been a season ticket holder for over 45 years and even when I wasn’t able to get to many games when playing, doing some coaching, I missed not getting to Welford Road to meet friends and the thrill of the games.
My wife has always had more faith in every team we put out and enjoys coming with me to both home and away games!
As for this season,as with any other, EVERY GAME matters: it’s only with this attitude that Tigers will get back to being a top team.
So, no, supporting the club in every game is never a waste of money.
Hopefully, we fans will show the club and the rest of the Premiership that we are true Tigers’ fans: cheering on our team through thick and thin.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:45 pm Been a season ticket holder for over 45 years and even when I wasn’t able to get to many games when playing, doing some coaching, I missed not getting to Welford Road to meet friends and the thrill of the games.
My wife has always had more faith in every team we put out and enjoys coming with me to both home and away games!
As for this season,as with any other, EVERY GAME matters: it’s only with this attitude that Tigers will get back to being a top team.
So, no, supporting the club in every game is never a waste of money.
Hopefully, we fans will show the club and the rest of the Premiership that we are true Tigers’ fans: cheering on our team through thick and thin.
+ 1
A2O
Baz

Post by Baz »

This is a critical season for Tigers; we have been given a reprieve, and have only the remainder of the season to make sure we're not in the same position next year. Taking Murphy's hand off control of the day-to-day coaching, and having someone of Borthwick's class, gives us a fighting chance. But, the squad's motivation is also vital, and it needs to know that the support is there. It's a talented squad (could be stronger if the Ross Moriarty rumours are true), and we don't want them wandering off. The support of Tigers fans is legendary; don't weaken now!