IS this season a waste of money and time

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

terraceite
Tiger Cub

IS this season a waste of money and time

Post by terraceite »

I'm paying for my season ticket but is it just me I cant really see the point of turning up every home match this season any more.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: IS this season a waste of money and time

Post by loretta »

Depends what you're after.

If you want to follow/feel part of a club through thick and thin, with that sense of entitlement to feel part of the good times when they come around again, enjoying the development of the squads and individual players, watching the games for their own sake, then yes it is.

If you want "entertainment" that allows you to bask in the reflected glory of a side that's dominant and wins far more than it loses, then no.

Not intending to be judgmental, but that's the stark reality. Your choice.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I have had a season ticket uninterrupted since 1984. The majority of those seasons have been very successful and thus enjoyable. Over the past few seasons the standard of our play has not been as good although there have been matches in which we have been brilliant . Whilst it does ruin my week-end when we lose especially if we get badly beaten, I have never considered not renewing my season ticket.
I appreciate that Tigers is not a high priority for everyone on here but the way that I look at it there have over the years been far more highs than lows and I am optimistic that the good times will return in the next 2-3 years. :smt016
A2O
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

terraceite wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:53 pm I'm paying for my season ticket but is it just me I cant really see the point of turning up every home match this season any more.
It would be good if you explained why you believe this.

However, why wouldn’t you want to turn up to support your club?!
Last edited by TigerBoy1880 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

In my view you can’t stop anyone from renewing or cancelling your season ticket, it’s completely up to you. If you feel that the Saracens fiasco has made matches this season meaningless and not good enough value for money then proceed as you wish.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

I think it is important to enjoy the journey as much and getting there; so should Tigers ever win the Premiership again I hope it won't just be the final that I enjoy.
As Good As It Gets
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

There is still the challenge not to finish bottom now that Sarries have an additional -70 points. Every game is a must win otherwise how do the Tigers know where they actually are?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

terraceite wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:53 pm I'm paying for my season ticket but is it just me I cant really see the point of turning up every home match this season any more.
As the saying goes, “you pays your money and you makes your choice.” Now if you don’t see the point in turning up, etc, then quite simply, find something else to do. Being a season ticket holder over the years must have been rather like a roller coaster ride and the genuine supporters stay through thick and thin. At this time of difficulty in the club, the players need the support of the paying public and clearly, not everyone falls in to the category of the genuine supporter. So which are you, terraceite?
Semper in excretia
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I understand the original question and empathise with the sentiment. Personally I enjoy watching players who are new to the club and also youngsters coming through from the academy. It is exciting watching out for the next superstar. Add to this the addiction to supporting the club through thick and thin and I'm in for the long haul.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Beer gives me the chills on a cold day and the occasional hangover, my Wife reckons it's a waste of money and she is always right even when she is wrong, but I still do it because I like it!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

And, accepting all about the vagaries of the timings of matches (oh, how I hate Friday night games), but what else would I do on “Saturday afternoon “?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Quite the opposite, when else do you get a free run at development, stroke of luck if you ask me because we desperately need to get our house in order. Removing the risk of relegation removes the noose from around our neck.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

RichieB wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:48 pm I understand the original question and empathise with the sentiment. Personally I enjoy watching players who are new to the club and also youngsters coming through from the academy. It is exciting watching out for the next superstar. Add to this the addiction to supporting the club through thick and thin and I'm in for the long haul.
Couldn’t have put it better myself. And I enjoy getting together with the people I have been sitting with for years and having a good whinge! Thick and thin, my friend. Thick and thin.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

MCC1964 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
RichieB wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:48 pm I understand the original question and empathise with the sentiment. Personally I enjoy watching players who are new to the club and also youngsters coming through from the academy. It is exciting watching out for the next superstar. Add to this the addiction to supporting the club through thick and thin and I'm in for the long haul.
Couldn’t have put it better myself. And I enjoy getting together with the people I have been sitting with for years and having a good whinge! Thick and thin, my friend. Thick and thin.
:smt023 +1 Agree, except in my case it's standing next to the same people.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Just pretend its the old amateur days
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..