France v England

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

France v England

Post by Chobbsy »

What do we expect the starting 15 to be on Sunday, this is what we expect not what we think it should be
1. Mako
2. George
3. Sinckler
4. Lawes
5. Otoje
6. Curry
7. Underhill
8. Earle
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Manu
14. Daly
15. Watson
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: France v England

Post by Robespierre »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:34 am What do we expect the starting 15 to be on Sunday, this is what we expect not what we think it should be
1. Mako
2. George
3. Sinckler
4. Lawes
5. Otoje
6. Curry
7. Underhill
8. Earle
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Manu
14. Daly
15. Watson
The team'll be something like that, although I'd like to see LCD start and places for Ted Hill and Genge on the bench.
Semper in excretia
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:34 am What do we expect the starting 15 to be on Sunday, this is what we expect not what we think it should be
1. Mako
2. George
3. Sinckler
4. Lawes
5. Otoje
6. Curry
7. Underhill
8. Earle
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Manu
14. Daly
15. Watson
Lighter weight back row might mean Kruis in the second-row
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Expect Kruis to start. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Genge, Stuart and Hill on the bench. Ted Hill could be something special and would love to see him get a chance.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

If I had to name my English player of the season thus far it would be Cowan-Dickie. I think he deserves a start.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Anybody else struggling for enthusiasm this time around? With the world cup final capitulation, Tigers not currently doing very well and a chunk of the England team outed as ruinous cheats I have to say my appetite isnt really there this year.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:40 am Anybody else struggling for enthusiasm this time around? With the world cup final capitulation, Tigers not currently doing very well and a chunk of the England team outed as ruinous cheats I have to say my appetite isnt really there this year.
Blimey - I think you need a pick me up!

Personally, as always I'm very excited about the forthcoming 6 Nations, it is always competitive and great to watch.

As for calling the Sarries players cheats, I think that is very unfair, it is up to the Club to balance its books not the individual players.
Soggypitch
bendy

Post by bendy »

Yes, this +1

The World Cup is nice and all, and it's always a spectacle to see the SH teams in action, but ....

... there's nothing like stuffing the Welsh in their own back yard, or giving the Scotch a schooling at Twickers is there? It's what it's all about really...
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Soggypitch wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:09 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:40 am Anybody else struggling for enthusiasm this time around? With the world cup final capitulation, Tigers not currently doing very well and a chunk of the England team outed as ruinous cheats I have to say my appetite isnt really there this year.
Blimey - I think you need a pick me up!

Personally, as always I'm very excited about the forthcoming 6 Nations, it is always competitive and great to watch.

As for calling the Sarries players cheats, I think that is very unfair, it is up to the Club to balance its books not the individual players.
Agree with Soggy. For your info Smiffy, there was no RWC final, the competition finished with England v NZ.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

1 Genge
2 LCD
3 Sinckler
4 Itoje
5 Kruis
6 Lawes
7 Curry
8 Earl
9 Youngs
10 Farrell (c)
11 May
12 Tuilagi
13 Joseph
14 Watson
15 Daly

16 George
17 Mako
18 Williams
19 Hill
20 Underhill
21 Heinz
22 Ford
23 Devoto
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

No LCD at the moment, gone home for family reasons.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

George to start, Dunn on the bench then.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Still lots of positives to be excited about. The WC final defeat was heartbreaking, but it was still a great performance to get there. Plenty of new players breaking through too.

I don't think there are many of the team, if any, who it would be fair to label as "ruinous cheats" (but perhaps one thread on that is enough). Personally, I enjoy the 6N more than any other rugby competition, including the WC, so I'm looking forward to it a lot.

It will also be a welcome holiday from the weekly disappointment of watching Tigers.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:10 pm It will also be a welcome holiday from the weekly disappointment of watching Tigers.
Even the wins disappoint you, that's not good. Maybe you should start watching a different game
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:57 pm
Tiglon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:10 pm It will also be a welcome holiday from the weekly disappointment of watching Tigers.
Even the wins disappoint you, that's not good. Maybe you should start watching a different game
Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it. :smt015