France v England

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: France v England

Post by JP14 »

I think Eddie will pick Singleton over Dunn, can just see him doing it.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:03 am
Chobbsy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:34 am What do we expect the starting 15 to be on Sunday, this is what we expect not what we think it should be
1. Mako
2. George
3. Sinckler
4. Lawes
5. Otoje
6. Curry
7. Underhill
8. Earle
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. May
12. Farrell
13. Manu
14. Daly
15. Watson
The team'll be something like that, although I'd like to see LCD start and places for Ted Hill and Genge on the bench.
I would have picked LCD but he left the camp to go home for personal reasons
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:40 am Anybody else struggling for enthusiasm this time around? With the world cup final capitulation, Tigers not currently doing very well and a chunk of the England team outed as ruinous cheats I have to say my appetite isnt really there this year.
PLEASE take any sharp objects away from Smiffy !!!!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Soggypitch wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:09 pm
CitizenSmiff wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:40 am Anybody else struggling for enthusiasm this time around? With the world cup final capitulation, Tigers not currently doing very well and a chunk of the England team outed as ruinous cheats I have to say my appetite isnt really there this year.
Blimey - I think you need a pick me up!

Personally, as always I'm very excited about the forthcoming 6 Nations, it is always competitive and great to watch.

As for calling the Sarries players cheats, I think that is very unfair, it is up to the Club to balance its books not the individual players.
I agree totally with your remarks
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

bendy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:44 pm Yes, this +1

The World Cup is nice and all, and it's always a spectacle to see the SH teams in action, but ....

... there's nothing like stuffing the Welsh in their own back yard, or giving the Scotch a schooling at Twickers is there? It's what it's all about really...
We are playing Wales at Twickenham
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Personally, as always I'm very excited about the forthcoming 6 Nations, it is always competitive and great to watch.

As for calling the Sarries players cheats, I think that is very unfair, it is up to the Club to balance its books not the individual players.
At risk of being shouted at I can't agree with your last sentence. Anyone with only a modicum of sense would have realised what they were being given was wrong! If it wasn't then why hide it amongst loans etc? I think all the players concerned are clever enough to know EXACTLY what they were getting into, in any case a 'loan' like that requires you take legal advice :smt017
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Chobbsy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:44 am
bendy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:44 pm Yes, this +1

The World Cup is nice and all, and it's always a spectacle to see the SH teams in action, but ....

... there's nothing like stuffing the Welsh in their own back yard, or giving the Scotch a schooling at Twickers is there? It's what it's all about really...
We are playing Wales at Twickenham
And Scotland at Murrayfield
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

fentiger wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:28 am

At risk of being shouted at I can't agree with your last sentence. Anyone with only a modicum of sense would have realised what they were being given was wrong! If it wasn't then why hide it amongst loans etc? I think all the players concerned are clever enough to know EXACTLY what they were getting into, in any case a 'loan' like that requires you take legal advice :smt017
"Boys, the way we've structured this package is nothing to do with the salary cap which we're definitely inside and anyway, it isn't your problem. This structure has a couple of benefits; it minimises your HMRC payment position perfectly legally and it is long term so it will keep on benefiting you after you have left the game. Your agent who does all of your admin has looked at it, talked to your accountant, and said it's ok and certainly in your interests."

"Ok boss, thanks, my agent says it's a really good way of doing things."
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

h's dad wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:16 pm
fentiger wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:28 am

"Boys, the way we've structured this package is nothing to do with the salary cap which we're definitely inside and anyway, it isn't your problem. This structure has a couple of benefits; it minimises your HMRC payment position perfectly legally and it is long term so it will keep on benefiting you after you have left the game. Your agent who does all of your admin has looked at it, talked to your accountant, and said it's ok and certainly in your interests."

"Ok boss, thanks, my agent says it's a really good way of doing things."
Exactly.

Add in "you will have repaid the money in a X years, with interest, so you are actually not getting a long term benefit from it, it is a bona fide loan."

Player: "But what about the salary cap?"

Agent: "You're a player, that's nothing to do with you, it's not your responsibility. You have no idea what everyone else earns so there's no way of knowing if the club are above or below the cap."
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

England U20s to face France:

England men U20s team to play France
Josh Hodge (Newcastle Falcons); 14. Gabriel Hamer-Webb (Bath Rugby), 13. Connor Doherty (Sale Sharks), 12. Max Ojomoh (Bath Rugby), 11. Tom Roebuck (Sale Sharks); 10. Manu Vunipola (Saracens), 9. Sam Maunder – captain (Exeter Chiefs); 1. James Whitcombe (Leicester Tigers), 2. Theo Dan (Saracens), 3. Luke Green (London Irish); 4. George Hammond (Harlequins), 5. Ben Donnell (London Irish); 6. JJ Tonks (Northampton Saints), 7. Richard Capstick (Exeter Chiefs), 8. Rusiate Tuima (Exeter Chiefs)
Replacements
Ben Atkins (London Irish), 17. Emmanuel Iyogun (Northampton Saints), 18. Harvey Beaton (Saracens), 19. Hugh Tizard (Harlequins), 20. Jack Clement (Gloucester Rugby), 21. Jack Van Poortvliet (Leicester Tigers), 22. George Barton (Gloucester Rugby), 23. Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers)
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The Les Bleus backline is sweeet, I’m going to predict a home win for the French unfortunately guys.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:41 pm The Les Bleus backline is sweeet, I’m going to predict a home win for the French unfortunately guys.
They always have a very talented line up, but can they play like a team and stick to a sensible game plan?

My money would be on England.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

The French team for Saturday:

France: Bouthier; Thomas, Vakatawa, Fickou, Penaud; Ntamack, Dupont; Baille, Marchand, Haouas, Le Roux, Willemse, Cros, Ollivon (c), Alldritt.

Replacements: Mauvaka, Poirot, Bamba, Palu, Woki, Serin, Jalibert, Rattez.

Give those three quarters an inch, and they'll take a mile! That's a very good back row too. It remains to be seen if England can turn the screw in the tight scrum.
Let's see who Eddie picks, but that French side is looking rather good. I'm not saying that we're doomed, Capt Mainwaring, but I'm not exactly overflowing with confidence, espaecially as England are likely to have a second row at 6 and no number 8 with any experience!
Second thoughts............... we're doomed I tell ye!!
Semper in excretia
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Watson our injured. Hoping to see Thorley make the cut over Furbank for the back 3 spot. Thorley is a serious talent and great finisher, deserves his chance.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I can’t see Daly being dropped so it must be Thorley on the wing in my view.