Lord Ackermann got spanked at Bristol
Sale 10 points ahead of Exeter at Exeter
Worcester and Wasps in a high scoring tight game
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Gallagher Premiership this weekend

Post by RichieB »

Some unsuspected results this weekend. I know most teams affected by 6N call ups, but nevertheless still weird. Affected by Saracens situation in any way?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

RichieB wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:53 pm Some unsuspected results this weekend. I know most teams affected by 6N call ups, but nevertheless still weird. Affected by Saracens situation in any way?
All the Exeter players were thinking "why won't Rowe buy me a house?" in the middle of a scrum and lost concentration?
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:48 pm I am doing what Mrs Flashman said I could never do and multi task whilst watching the Tigers game on the IPad and the Bristol V Glaws game on the tv, I am getting the distinct impression that Dallaglio hates Nathan Hughes. Every time he mentions Hughes it is disparaging and never complimentary. The bloke is a bitter and hateful man who should not be allowed near the commentary box. He clearly dislikes Hughes for whatever reason, but be professional and don’t make it so blatantly obvious.
I have tried something similar; listending to Tigers on Radio Leicester and watching another match on BT Sport with the sound on mute. It made for some interesting double takes when I forgot what I was doing and the commentary didn't match what was going on on the pitch.
As Good As It Gets
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scuttle wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:06 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:48 pm I am doing what Mrs Flashman said I could never do and multi task whilst watching the Tigers game on the IPad and the Bristol V Glaws game on the tv, I am getting the distinct impression that Dallaglio hates Nathan Hughes. Every time he mentions Hughes it is disparaging and never complimentary. The bloke is a bitter and hateful man who should not be allowed near the commentary box. He clearly dislikes Hughes for whatever reason, but be professional and don’t make it so blatantly obvious.
I have tried something similar; listending to Tigers on Radio Leicester and watching another match on BT Sport with the sound on mute. It made for some interesting double takes when I forgot what I was doing and the commentary didn't match what was going on on the pitch.
I also tried something similar, watched the Tigers game online while banging my head repeatedly against the wall at the same time!

:smt022
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:15 pm
Scuttle wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:06 pm
I also tried something similar, watched the Tigers game online while banging my head repeatedly against the wall at the same time!

:smt022
That must have been the influence of the lesser spotted you spoke of on another thread😂.
As Good As It Gets
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Quins beating Sarries 19-7 HT
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:51 pm Quins beating Sarries 19-7 HT
Bonus point win for Quins. Marcus Smith was excellent.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Quins 41 - 14 Sarries development.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

41-14.

Harlequins were superb today, Sarries had a smattering of notable names on the pitch.

Referee refused to work with the Captain by the end - poor show from the player (Wray)
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

speedski wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:50 pm 41-14.

Harlequins were superb today, Sarries had a smattering of notable names on the pitch.

Referee refused to work with the Captain by the end - poor show from the player (Wray)
I think maybe the feeling was mutual.
That not straight line out for the first Quins try was the first of many absolute shockers, fifth try also not straight.
The forward pass for the third try, a joke.
Also wasn't that keen on Ibitoye sliding in with studs up for his try, both sliding in but one bent his knees to pull his studs away and the other did not.
Someone mentioned on here recently that they suspected that the commentary could be influencing the TMO and I think they had a point.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BFG wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:46 pm

That not straight line out for the first Quins try was the first of many absolute shockers, fifth try also not straight.
Also wasn't that keen on Ibitoye sliding in with studs up for his try, both sliding in but one bent his knees to pull his studs away and the other did not.
Someone mentioned on here recently that they suspected that the commentary could be influencing the TMO and I think they had a point.
Well, either you are biased/one-eyed or I am because I thought all Quins tries were fine.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I agree with BFG that Lasike’s pass for the third try was forward, Ibitoye’s dive with his studs was reckless but Elia’s throw in my view was a swerving throw so was straight by the time it landed in Dombrandt’s hands.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:50 pm
BFG wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Well, either you are biased/one-eyed or I am because I thought all Quins tries were fine.
Or maybe you've been brainwashed by Monye!
Only joking!
I hear others say the same (fine/let it go) but think that is the level of officiating and skills that we have gotten used to.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:59 pm I agree with BFG that Lasike’s pass for the third try was forward, Ibitoye’s dive with his studs was reckless but Elia’s throw in my view was a swerving throw so was straight by the time it landed in Dombrandt’s hands.
You're right it did swerve and to be fair to the on field officials it swerved a lot but the Land Rover sign behind Elia finds it out.
Elia throws the ball, he then steps to his left, the ball lands in line with him after his step left, Sir falls for an old trick!
I watched the whole game and Sir penalised similar throws.