Tigers v Castres on April 4th - 12-45pm Kick Off

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Tigers v Castres on April 4th - 12-45pm Kick Off

Post by Robespierre »

I've just seen that the kick-off times for the European QFs have been announced with an early start for Tigers v Castres, 12h45 on Saturday April the 4th.
Castres will without doubt come with a strong side as their chances of making the Top14 play-offs are looking thin at the moment as they're down in 12th place, and with a match at home against Racing tomorrow evening they'll probably stay in 12th.
This'll be a key match in Tigers' season so they must field a strong team too and hope for a big crowd.
It's the weekend before Easter so sadly, I very much doubt if I'll be at the game.
Semper in excretia
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Castres on April 4th - 12-45pm Kick Off

Post by Mark62 »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:48 pm I've just seen that the kick-off times for the European QFs have been announced with an early start for Tigers v Castres, 12h45 on Saturday April the 4th.
Castres will without doubt come with a strong side as their chances of making the Top14 play-offs are looking thin at the moment as they're down in 12th place, and with a match at home against Racing tomorrow evening they'll probably stay in 12th.
This'll be a key match in Tigers' season so they must field a strong team too and hope for a big crowd.
It's the weekend before Easter so sadly, I very much doubt if I'll be at the game.
In 12th how far above points wise are they from the relegation zone
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:14 pm
Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:48 pm I've just seen that the kick-off times for the European QFs have been announced with an early start for Tigers v Castres, 12h45 on Saturday April the 4th.
In 12th how far above points wise are they from the relegation zone
Pau, Bayonne and Castres have 23 points, Stade Français 20 and Agen 18. The club in 14th is relegated and the 13th will play-off against the 2nd in ProD2.
Semper in excretia
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

So not far off the relegation zone then
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I would argue Castres could have domestic priorities should their league position not change by April and therefore might not target this game nonetheless it is a home quarterfinal (the first knockout game of any kind since Stade in April 2016) therefore we must look to put out a big performance.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:48 pm I would argue Castres could have domestic priorities should their league position not change by April and therefore might not target this game nonetheless it is a home quarterfinal (the first knockout game of any kind since Stade in April 2016) therefore we must look to put out a big performance.
There’s always the possibility that Castres will give less priority to this game, but bearing in mind that they went to Worcester looking for the win to be in with a chance of qualifying for the QFs, I’d rather think that now they’re there there’ll give it all they’ve got. Tigers beware!
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I just hope for a repeat of the last time we played Castres at Welford Road, not when we played them away that year! 😂
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:30 pm I just hope for a repeat of the last time we played Castres at Welford Road, not when we played them away that year! 😂
Don’t remind me of that Tigers’ capitulation in Castres! I went to the home game too and Castres got a try bonus point!
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:51 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:30 pm I just hope for a repeat of the last time we played Castres at Welford Road, not when we played them away that year! 😂
Don’t remind me of that Tigers’ capitulation in Castres! I went to the home game too and Castres got a try bonus point!
Yes as you know Robes I was present for both those games and the thrashing in Castres is still fresh in my mind!! Sorry couldn't make Pau as was away skiing, but should be at W Rd on April 4th.
Soggypitch
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Am I wrong in thinking that the club have got the charging structure wrong for this game - £10 to season ticket holders where ever their ticket is - £10 to stand and £10 in the most expensive seats?????
Hehehehehehehehe
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I thought I read it was a £10 discount for season ticket holders. I may be wrong of course
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

This fixture is not included in season tickets or half season tickets, but the club is offering season ticket holders the chance to reserve their usual place at the exclusive rate of just £10 for adults and £5 for junior supporters. This price applies for seats and terrace
Hehehehehehehehe
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Ah ok my apologies. I suppose it is a benefit/reward for those fans that have stuck with the team, and the club showing the desire to get a decent crowd in
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

trendylfj wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:21 pm This fixture is not included in season tickets or half season tickets, but the club is offering season ticket holders the chance to reserve their usual place at the exclusive rate of just £10 for adults and £5 for junior supporters. This price applies for seats and terrace
So "a chance to reserve their usual place!" Is this a £10 deposit or the actual match ticket price? Or just a bad communication from the Ticket Office. :smt017
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

We Tigers' fans can take a bit of encouragement from Castres' home stuffing by Racing 0-27 this evening!
Their replacement hooker came on the field in the 47th minute and was promptly shown the red card in the 49th for an over-exuberant clear-out at a ruck! He'd clearly been sent on to up the tempo which he did before being sent back from whence he came!
So they remain in 12th place with 23 points and if Bayonne (11th on 23 points) beat bottom side Agen tomorrow, as they should, then Castres will be a two points below Pau in 13th..
I'll summarise the weekend's Top14 results tomorrow on the French rugby thread.
Semper in excretia