Ed Griffiths in more trouble?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Ed Griffiths in more trouble?

Post by fleabane »

EG worked for Middlesex Cricket Club after leaving Saracens, and is accused of acting as an unregistered players agent, against ECB rules. (Now back at Saracens).

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/new- ... -vvc7l8fsn
Valhalla I am coming!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Ed Griffiths in more trouble?

Post by fentiger »

Goodey raised this point on Twitter the other day.... no smoke without fire!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Leopards and spots
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

For an apparently leading light in the business community they really are a shower at the moment aren't they. If I'd paid for one of their seminars I'd be asking for a refund.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

fleabane wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:00 am EG worked for Middlesex Cricket Club after leaving Saracens, and is accused of acting as an unregistered players agent, against ECB rules. (Now back at Saracens).

He REALLY is just a thoroughly horrible man, who is never happier than when he is bullying someone
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:04 am
fleabane wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:00 am EG worked for Middlesex Cricket Club after leaving Saracens, and is accused of acting as an unregistered players agent, against ECB rules. (Now back at Saracens).

He REALLY is just a thoroughly horrible man, who is never happier than when he is bullying someone
"He's not the Messiah he REALLY is just a thoroughly horrible man" (with apologies to Terry Jones)
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:52 am
Chobbsy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:04 am

"He's not the Messiah he REALLY is just a thoroughly horrible man" (with apologies to Terry Jones)
He is indeed
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:24 am For an apparently leading light in the business community they really are a shower at the moment aren't they. If I'd paid for one of their seminars I'd be asking for a refund.
They’d pay you in shares of a made up property business
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

I've flagged the delightful mr Griffiths up on a number of occasions. Bringing him back as the man with credibility to sort out the mess at Sarries, was a bit like the Tom Hagen (Duval - the Godfather) being asked to brief the FBI on the accountants that he was responsible for.

It was the delightful Mr Edwards who got on a plane clutching a bulging briefcase, two weeks before the SUTC scandal in 2015.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Traveller wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:55 pm I've flagged the delightful mr Griffiths up on a number of occasions. Bringing him back as the man with credibility to sort out the mess at Sarries, was a bit like the Tom Hagen (Duval - the Godfather) being asked to brief the FBI on the accountants that he was responsible for.

It was the delightful Mr Edwards who got on a plane clutching a bulging briefcase, two weeks before the SUTC scandal in 2015.
He's not a man I have much fondness for either.

You mention the briefcase quite often, I'm curious, what's the significance? Most people getting on 10 hour flights usually take some hand luggage.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Interesting that in addition to refusing a forensic inspection of this years books as an alternative to automatic relegation they were also refusing examination of historic books. The only reasonable conclusion is that there are things to hide going back many years and for that reason I don't believe they are a club that should be allowed back into the Premiership without a prior historical audit of the books. The culture of this club is toxic. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Noggs wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm Interesting that in addition to refusing a forensic inspection of this years books as an alternative to automatic relegation they were also refusing examination of historic books. The only reasonable conclusion is that there are things to hide going back many years and for that reason I don't believe they are a club that should be allowed back into the Premiership without a prior historical audit of the books. The culture of this club is toxic. :smt009
+1 :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

+2
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

The more that emerges about these characters it becomes even clearer why there is little to zero sympathy for Saracens and they remain, probably, the most detested club in English rugby.
nasher

Post by nasher »

Plus 3