Finn Russell

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Finn Russell

Post by JP14 »

Yes you’re right Mark every Lions tour in the professional era has been on Sky behind a paywall. Hence why in this video, only tries post 1997 are included...

https://youtu.be/n3oeqfMbIu0
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Re the lions , one would hope for some sort of edited highlights package free to air ; being honest , can't actually remember if this occurred last time out (really must be getting on in years - as not that long ago !!)
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:56 pm Re the lions , one would hope for some sort of edited highlights package free to air ; being honest , can't actually remember if this occurred last time out (really must be getting on in years - as not that long ago !!)
As with all these things limited highlights appear on YouTube
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Traveller wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:44 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:32 pm
Traveller wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:59 pm

The test for me as an England supporter is, would I rather England have to face Russell or Hastings? I'd much sooner we had to face Hastings. With the combination of players a Lions 10 will have around him, would the Boks rather face Russell or Hastings. I'd put a fiver (and that's a lot for me) on them preferring much Hastings.
No way did I suggest Hastings would be selected for the Lions, nor would Russell, Biggar, Ford and Farrell would be their choice based on who the coach is and current form.
Russell may well not make the Lions Test team, but I'd be astonished if he wasn't in with a shout to tour with the Lions.
Nonetheless, forget the Lions. As an England supporter I'd far sooner play Scotland with Hastings as their 10, than I would Russell. The later is in a different class - which is partly demonstrated by the fact that Racing chose to pay a fortune for him rather than Hastings.
Don't be ridiculous, LE18 obviously knows more about it than the people who recruit players at Racing Metro.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

biffer wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:13 am
Traveller wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:44 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:32 pm

No way did I suggest Hastings would be selected for the Lions, nor would Russell, Biggar, Ford and Farrell would be their choice based on who the coach is and current form.
Russell may well not make the Lions Test team, but I'd be astonished if he wasn't in with a shout to tour with the Lions.
Nonetheless, forget the Lions. As an England supporter I'd far sooner play Scotland with Hastings as their 10, than I would Russell. The later is in a different class - which is partly demonstrated by the fact that Racing chose to pay a fortune for him rather than Hastings.
Don't be ridiculous, LE18 obviously knows more about it than the people who recruit players at Racing Metro.
:smt023
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:57 pm
teds wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:57 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:32 pm
It will be and that's not the case,The Lions as well as the RWC draws the causal fans out
A handful of casual viewers may watch it but as far as I can see Sky stopped publishing viewing figures for rugby because they were losing viewers at an alarming rate.

Same thing happened with cricket. Why do you think Sky agreed to sharing some cricket World Cup games with Free To Air.
Out of interest, do BT publish their rugby viewing figures?
Not sure they have it all summarised on a web page, but they certainly seem to include it in their press releases.

To be fair if it starts going down hill, they may be more reluctant, but the evidence is pretty clear, that rugby viewing figures jumped when it moved to BT, and have continued to grow. Now part of this is that they show more premiership matches than Sky used to, so you’d expect more viewers. They also did a number of free to air matches, which I don’t recall Sky doing.