Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saracens Cap Investigation / Grounds for Appeal

Post by biffer »

In all honesty, physical safety is one of the reasons the NFL is a closed shop. If you put an NFL team against a college team (that's the next level down) people would get seriously hurt. I mean, they get seriously hurt anyway, it'd just be worse.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

There's one reason why Saracens shouldn't be relegated as punishment - the rules don't allow it. If Rowe or anyone else is furious at Saracens for breaking the rules, then they're being hypocritical if they say the rules should be broken with the punishment.

Exeter signed up to those rules so there's no point whinging about it now.

The reports are that there's talk of changing those rules and allowing harsher punishments. Great, but for now it is what it is so we all just need to accept it.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:26 pm By using the logic of not relegating Sarries due to the players being too powerful for the Championship, what happens if Tigers were to get relegated? Would Manu become less powerful? Genge? Would Jonny May become slower?
Well yes Leicester would also pose dangers in particular the scrum.
There are differences though.
Sarries have a wealthy owner who can afford to and has shown a willingness to invest his own cash and could retain any player if relegated.
Sarries are also a physically relentless well coached team.
Leicester would likely need to reduce their wage bill significantly and are not as well coached.
Manu mostly injures himself.
As many have stated though Leicester should really be higher than they are, they have very strong players.
beech2

We deserve the truth

Post by beech2 »

It appears that the judge who chaired the panel investigating Saracens breaking the salary cap has more respect of the supporters than the PRL. He considers the lack of transparency as 'unhealthy' and that rugby union fans deserve to know the truth. When will PRL learn that keeping facts quiet does not work. The clubs did it in 2015 and that had the result that Saracens continued to break the cap. For this reason the clubs are complicit in them breaking the rules now, when will they learn. It comes to something when a former Master of the Rolls has to give the PRL a lesson in keeping the rugby supporters informed.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

The only way I can see disclosure of the panel’s findings happening is if the newly humble Saracens ask for the report to be published.

At present it can only be read, and not copied, photographed or have notes taken, by a representative of each club, nominally the chief executive, and the person responsible at the PRL for salary cap monitoring.
Valhalla I am coming!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

fleabane wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:54 pm The only way I can see disclosure of the panel’s findings happening is if the newly humble Saracens ask for the report to be published.

At present it can only be read, and not copied, photographed or have notes taken, by a representative of each club, nominally the chief executive, and the person responsible at the PRL for salary cap monitoring.
I'm sure that Sarries asked for it to be published quite early on after the "sentence" was announced. A quick search on Google didn't find anything though.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Rumours, I stress rumours, tonight that they can't get under the cap this season and now face automatic relegation?
BigChris

Post by BigChris »

Rugby Pass (for what it’s worth) are reporting on more trouble ahead...

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/saracens ... -continue/
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

BigChris wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:03 pm Rugby Pass (for what it’s worth) are reporting on more trouble ahead...

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/saracens ... -continue/
On the bbc as well now, given club won’t be able to cancel contracts the players have a choice get relegated or all take a pay cut. Expect they will take the former...
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Telegraph reporting that Wray has severed all links although the family will continue to finance them!
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Interesting interview with Kruis. Apologies if it’s been linked before, I only just saw it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 4_p5bZ4DM8

Apparently it is what it is. That’s all right then.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

teds wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:02 pm Interesting interview with Kruis. Apologies if it’s been linked before, I only just saw it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 4_p5bZ4DM8

Apparently it is what it is. That’s all right then.
Best questioning on the subject I’ve seen, definately the bravest!

I do wonder if there is a level of apathy running through the club and lack of recognition with the players that it is cheating and all their success will be tainted by the fact they were playing with a huge advantage for 3+ years
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »

A very interesting article to keep tabs on.

https://amp.rugbypass.com/news/saracens ... ssion=true
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Very much agree w Deadly Dunc. Great interview. Need more of this in sport rather than letting them all off with a free ride. And entirely agree they seem apathetic, as if we are all in the wrong for questioning their cheating. Farrell not been near a microphone since. Such balls.