Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Saracens Cap Investigation / Grounds for Appeal

Post by teds »

fortysix wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:16 pm And apparantly, waiting to be confirmed, there is other bombshell awaiting Premiership followers..
Oh don’t do that forty six. At least give us a clue? Is it anything to do with Tigers?
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:08 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:22 pm Reported on the Beeb that even if relegated there are benefits to Sarries star players to remain at the club as they can focus on playing for England whilst looking after their bodies with the occasional Championship run out and get plenty of quality training and rest to prolong their careers.
These were exactly my thoughts, in the end it won’t do these players playing career any harm in terms of longevity, they won’t loose out financially next season, and things will be put in place for the following, although I believe the rules prohibit front loading of salaries.
A loophole will be found for England if one doesn’t already exists
There is also the 2021 Lions tour to South Africa to consider. Would they pick players from Championship?
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

BFG wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:01 pm
fentiger wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:33 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:22 pm Reported on the Beeb that even if relegated there are benefits to Sarries star players to remain at the club as they can focus on playing for England whilst looking after their bodies with the occasional Championship run out and get plenty of quality training and rest to prolong their careers.
..and remain non-match hardened for when they are required :smt017
Would it not be a similar approach to Ireland?
The Premiership and European schedule is more harmful than hardening.
Personally I think that if the rest of the Premiership is willing to relegate them then Sarries players will mostly stick together and stay at the club, they will return the following year with another years playing development of youngsters, refreshed international players, and no cap for the first season back in the Prem, and blow everyone away!
Is it true that for the first year for a promoted club, there’s no cap?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

None in the championship and have a year after promotion to comply so effectively 2 years with no cap.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

fortysix wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:16 pm Saracens are finished , for ever.
Actually dont think many will be too bothered. Can anyone foresee any multimillionaire wishing to pick up the pieces in 2 years time with such pitiful fan base, and at massive cost. A here today gone tomorrow outfit.

64000$ question is-----------who are Tigers targeting ?
Malins Itoje Earle ????

And apparantly, waiting to be confirmed, there is other bombshell awaiting Premiership followers..
Part of the problem for the other premiership clubs is that even though it’s only January, they will be well on their way for budgeting for next years squad and who they’re targeting.
If it came to Sarries players clearing out, Gallagher likely to go to Munster, Tompkins likely to go to Wales, so I would target if available Isekwe and Malins
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

drc_007 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:22 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:08 pm
These were exactly my thoughts, in the end it won’t do these players playing career any harm in terms of longevity, they won’t loose out financially next season, and things will be put in place for the following, although I believe the rules prohibit front loading of salaries.
A loophole will be found for England if one doesn’t already exists
There is also the 2021 Lions tour to South Africa to consider. Would they pick players from Championship?
Lions pick from who they want, so I don’t think it would have an effect.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Report coming up on BBC 6 oclock news....
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Not impressed by Griffiths reaction to the BBC reporter.............
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

northerntiger wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:15 pm Not impressed by Griffiths reaction to the BBC reporter.............
Agreed no need to touch the camera, maybe he thought it would scratch his Bentley
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

‘“At the back of the players’ minds will also be another nagging thought: should they have seen some of this coming? Sure, it is not strictly their business how their club’s finances are handled. But did no-one think to wonder, as they looked around the dressing-room with its legions of top internationals, how they could assemble and retain this calibre of squad while no-one else was doing so? If not, perhaps they should have done.”
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

northerntiger wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:15 pm Not impressed by Griffiths reaction to the BBC reporter.............
Indicative of the man, and the club...although stress does come out in unexpected ways :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:38 pm
Indicative of the man, and the club...although stress does come out in unexpected ways :smt023
I've alluded to it often enough. This is the same Edward Griffiths who got on a plane with a first class plane ticket and briefcase back to SA two weeks before the 2015 investigation. The question is. what was in the briefcase?
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:38 pm
True, but given the absolute PR disaster that is Saracens, you'd think he'd be a bit more savvy
bageo
Tiger Cub

Post by bageo »

Barnet Council lending £22m to Saracens .... (I'm unsure what has already been lent and what is a committment)

"Saracens sought bank funding to construct the West Stand, but were unable to raise sufficient investment at an appropriate price. Consequently, Saracens approached the council as an alternative funder."

So Nigel Wray has loose change down the back of the sofa to pay millions extra in salaries but the banks won't give him a loan for an asset (new stand) .... says even more about the business at the club
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

They should be expelled not relegated, it really is cheating on the Lance Armstrong level, similar amount of contrition to.
To win is not as important as playing with style!