Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ashleytiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Saracens are relegated!

Post by ashleytiger »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:18 pm
nasher wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:31 pm Do you realise Nigel Wray has saved us from relegation. The Board and playing staff could not.
Yes, and at this moment i'm feeling embarrassed that we find ourselves in that position, I still believe we might get up to 10th and save our blushes.
For me 10th or 11th would slightly reduce our blushes. 8th or 9th would probably require good enough form for the rest of the season that we could go into 2020/21 with renewed confidence and completely blush free.
It is getting quite lonely where we are in the table currently. It will need a 5 point bonus win for us and a pointless loss for Irish to draw us level with them!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Now that Saracens relegation is confirmed, and from the result against Quins they appear to have a diminished interest in winning, how can the league allow any of their games to count this season. Teams who played and lost against them prior to the announcement are surely disadvantaged.
I'm not cynical just experienced
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

^+1
Valhalla I am coming!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

+2
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:10 pm Now that Saracens relegation is confirmed, and from the result against Quins they appear to have a diminished interest in winning, how can the league allow any of their games to count this season. Teams who played and lost against them prior to the announcement are surely disadvantaged.
Sarries tend to struggle during the six Nations period. Injuries and suspensions are hampering them this year as well. Unavailable for Sarries today;

1. Vunipola (England)
2. George (England)
3. Figallo (injured)
4. Skelton (suspended)
5. Kruis (England)
6. Rhodes (injured)
7. Itoje (England)
8. Vunipola (injured)
10. Farrell (England)
11. Williams (injured)
12. Thompkins (Wales) - by choice of Sarries though
13. Taylor (injured)
14. Daly (England)
15. Goode (injured)

Good chance to get some of their younger players blooded ahead of next season.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Yeah I wouldn't put todays result down to them not being interested in winning. They usually lose a couple during the 6N to teams like Quins who are at almost full strength.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

And a fair few of those who played against Quins are those whose future's are most up in the air, the "middle" ranks. Sarries want to keep as many stars as they can, the youngsters aren't earning enough to reduce the salary bill by much, so its your good club player who's earmarked for the exit door. Anyone who has been put at risk of redundancy will know how much of an effect it can have on you. Especially if you've got a family and mortgage.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:47 pm And a fair few of those who played against Quins are those whose future's are most up in the air, the "middle" ranks. Sarries want to keep as many stars as they can, the youngsters aren't earning enough to reduce the salary bill by much, so its your good club player who's earmarked for the exit door. Anyone who has been put at risk of redundancy will know how much of an effect it can have on you. Especially if you've got a family and mortgage.
I agree but hopefully most of them will be snapped up by other clubs :smt016
A2O
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:53 pm
Cagey Tiger wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:47 pm And a fair few of those who played against Quins are those whose future's are most up in the air, the "middle" ranks. Sarries want to keep as many stars as they can, the youngsters aren't earning enough to reduce the salary bill by much, so its your good club player who's earmarked for the exit door. Anyone who has been put at risk of redundancy will know how much of an effect it can have on you. Especially if you've got a family and mortgage.
I agree but hopefully most of them will be snapped up by other clubs :smt016
Probably, but it all depends if anyone has got much spare money at this stage of the recruitment cycle. From a Premiership perspective, I expect that most clubs are spending up to the cap or as much as they can afford for this season. Because of Sarries overspend, in effect, overall, the Prem clubs are currently employing more players than they have the salary capacity for. Something has got to give for next season - lower salaries? fewer players employed by Prem clubs? less overseas recruitment?
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

" Because of Sarries overspend, in effect, overall, the Prem clubs are currently employing more players than they have the salary capacity for. Something has got to give for next season - lower salaries? fewer players employed by Prem clubs? less overseas recruitment? "

That assumes the other clubs accept some responsibility to manage the global overspend across the Premiership. They may take the view that they will take a Sarries player if he fits their recruitment profile and budget....but if not the problem started with Sarries and it is for them to sort it out, whatever that might mean. The situation should not skew what the other clubs were planning to do with their spending.
As Good As It Gets
nasher

Post by nasher »

Nah. Abolish the salary cap then Saracens are innocent.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

This may have been said before but there has been absolutely zero, nil, nada change in Saracens' wage bill. Why are they still allowed to participate when they are still cheating?????
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:02 pm This may have been said before but there has been absolutely zero, nil, nada change in Saracens' wage bill. Why are they still allowed to participate when they are still cheating?????
Because they have accepted automatic relegation.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

And now, Griffiths has gone
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:03 am
Old Hob wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:02 pm This may have been said before but there has been absolutely zero, nil, nada change in Saracens' wage bill. Why are they still allowed to participate when they are still cheating?????
Because they have accepted automatic relegation.
And without front loading their contracts this year, they wouldn’t be able to keep their stars for when they come back up.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….