Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens Cap Investigation / Grounds for Appeal

Post by fentiger »

Will ERC enter the fray? I know there is no cap as such in Europe but, bringing game into disrepute? :smt017
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Saracens Cap Investigation / Grounds for Appe

Post by TigerS2 »

POSTIGER wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:52 pm They should be stripped of their titles immediately. To think they've cheated their way to English and European titles, it's absolutely disgusting.

They have massively tarnished the reputation of rugby union. Well done to the authorities for meting out such a harsh punishment. The sport is bigger than Nigel Wray's bank balance.

Will they still be described as one of the most successful rugby union clubs in the world, after this? :smt017
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Got to put up with Chiefs running the show now, I'd rather Sarries stay up if I'm honest, detest Exeter 🤣
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:06 pm Got to put up with Chiefs running the show now, I'd rather Sarries stay up if I'm honest, detest Exeter 🤣
Not being argumentative - what is it you detest about them. Is it the supporters?
The players? The style of play? Genuinely interested. They seem a decent bunch to me and Rob Baxter seems to be a class act. Repeat - genuine question.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Supporters mate, a lot had the gaul to call our fans out for our arrogance and sense of entitlement in our rise and descent when theirs have become an absolute nightmare after their solitary title. Plus I know someone very closely connected with the club and he's not a nice bloke at all!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

fentiger wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:02 pm Will ERC enter the fray? I know there is no cap as such in Europe but, bringing game into disrepute? :smt017
Would they have relegated them if London Irish were in Leicester's position in the league, or am I being cynical?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I cam guarantee you it won't be a unanimous vote if ring fencing is brought up again **cough cough Rowe**
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

My worry is who else is following this path?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Saracens the Justin Gatlin of Rugby
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

fentiger wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:02 pm Will ERC enter the fray? I know there is no cap as such in Europe but, bringing game into disrepute? :smt017
Nothing to do with ERC and no need at all for them to get involved. Should RFU and World Rugby also step in and each charge Sarries with the same offence?

You don't need two separate bodies to punish the same offence twice. It's being dealt with by PRL.
TigerS2 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:14 pm Would they have relegated them if London Irish were in Leicester's position in the league, or am I being cynical?
What difference would it make? As I understand it each club has one vote, so Tigers hold no more power in decision making than Irish do. Maybe they can influence other clubs a bit more, but I doubt Sarries are being relegated because Tigers are scared of relegation, despite the insinuations of Brendan Venter.
Big Dai wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:23 pm My worry is who else is following this path?

Maybe I'm cynical, but I would not be at all surprised if they aren't the only ones. We all know that other clubs have broken the cap rules before.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well talking about opening up their books, not sure what books they mean but their accounts etc. at least are in the public domain here..

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:28 pm
Nothing to do with ERC and no need at all for them to get involved. Should RFU and World Rugby also step in and each charge Sarries with the same offence?

You don't need two separate bodies to punish the same offence twice. It's being dealt with by PRL.
TigerS2 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:14 pm Would they have relegated them if London Irish were in Leicester's position in the league, or am I being cynical?
What difference would it make? As I understand it each club has one vote, so Tigers hold no more power in decision making than Irish do. Maybe they can influence other clubs a bit more, but I doubt Sarries are being relegated because Tigers are scared of relegation, despite the insinuations of Brendan Venter.
Big Dai wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:23 pm My worry is who else is following this path?

Maybe I'm cynical, but I would not be at all surprised if they aren't the only ones. We all know that other clubs have broken the cap rules before.
When you have to call upon Brendan Venter to be a spokesmen you must know you've got problems.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So if I'm right Sarries will be spending two years in the Championship if they can't comply with this seasons cap?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:27 pm Saracens the Justin Gatlin of Rugby
...and he came back and won a medal...