Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Saracens Cap Investigation / Grounds for Appeal

Post by markharbtiger »

My immediate concern with all of this business, is that *IF* Sarries get a further 35 point deduction, can we manage a further 18 points? This is of course worst cast of them scoring 70 off of the remaining games.

Assuming the maximum points tally for the highest points scoring team in a season is (say) a more realistic 86 (based on past evidence) then that would make a target for us of a further 6 points to safety from 14 games...hopefully this can be achieved!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Good piece in today‘s Times about the whole thing.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I’m reading it’s automatic relegation and nothing to do with points. Is that not the case
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:13 am
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:24 am On the relegation thing...14 games left for everyone and Sarries will be able to get a maximum of 70 points from those games. We are 11 ahead of them. So they are are not necessarily getting relegated. Maths is never my strong point but they could get out of this. Sorry if I have utterly misread the points deduction and punishment.
If they get a further 35 points deduction, this would take them to -42. Tigers are on 11 so a difference of 53 points.
18 points from the remaining games would be enough to avoid relegation.
Lets wait for the official confirmation of the punishment and continue to concentrate on winning our own games and climbing the table. :smt023
Thank you for explaining it. I was getting a tad confused about it all. I don’t think a future career in education and maths is on the cards...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:40 am My apologies if this is old news, but I heard mention last night that they were considering looking at joining the Guinness Pro14
This is the most likely destination in my opinion.
The players will stick together.
No clubs here can afford them in their cap and folk are deluded if they think that there is suddenly going to be quality players going on the cheap!
Rumour that another is interested in following.
This is where the next big T.V deal will be if it happens.
The Premiership could lose value.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Just kick then out & take their shares in PRL away. Remove all of their league victories as they cannot be trusted.
They have cheated on a huge scale & show no remorse, the best option when you have cancer is to banish it (apologies for the analogy but they really are that bad)

Whilst the Wrays are in anyway connected to the club they should be refused entry to the league regardless.

If Tigers were found guilty I would expect the same punishment.

If you are an Exeter fan you must feel even worse, they have been robbed.

It would be interesting to know if Wray would pass an owners check now in English Football
To win is not as important as playing with style!
MJB

Post by MJB »

BFG wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:41 am
Mark62 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:40 am My apologies if this is old news, but I heard mention last night that they were considering looking at joining the Guinness Pro14
Given their recent track record would they be welcomed/accepted into the Guinness Pro14?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MJB wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:28 am
BFG wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:41 am
Given their recent track record would they be welcomed/accepted into the Guinness Pro14?
They’ve already got 2 South African teams :smt023
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:24 am Just kick then out & take their shares in PRL away. Remove all of their league victories as they cannot be trusted.
They have cheated on a huge scale & show no remorse, the best option when you have cancer is to banish it (apologies for the analogy but they really are that bad)

Whilst the Wrays are in anyway connected to the club they should be refused entry to the league regardless.

If Tigers were found guilty I would expect the same punishment.

If you are an Exeter fan you must feel even worse, they have been robbed.

It would be interesting to know if Wray would pass an owners check now in English Football
You can't just take shares.
I also think that it is being conveniently overlooked that others have been over the cap in the past, but I would doubt that would be overlooked should this ever become a legal wrangle.
MJB

Post by MJB »

Assuming Sarries are relegated will Jonny May be staying, or will he be another to leave us and follow the route south-west?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MJB wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:35 am Assuming Sarries are relegated will Jonny May be staying, or will he be another to leave us and follow the route south-west?
2 things are unrelated. May feels he can get a better deal elsewhere than Tigers have put on the table. It’s already been announced that he wouldn’t be going to Saracens, before this blew up again. Latest likely destination looks to be Gloucester though I personally have my doubts
MJB

Post by MJB »

Thanks for the update, Mark. I had been told that he was off to Sarries with Alex Lewington possibly returning to us as part of the deal. This (indirectly) from a source within Tigers. Just goes to show we should never believe rumours until they are confirmed by club!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I've just heard Sarries have been relegated, it's been confirmed!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

Saracens should also be stripped of the trophies they have won over the past seasons in which they broke the cap.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:37 pm Saracens should also be stripped of the trophies they have won over the past seasons in which they broke the cap.
I believe they've elected not to hand the trophies back.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives