Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens Cap Investigation

Post by fleabane »

Whatever the result of the investigation, nothing will happen in a hurry, probably not this season, so no point in doing a shopping list.

Saracens, and possibly some of the players involved, will be sure to appeal, all the way up to the top. That could take years.
Valhalla I am coming!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Of course, it's not just about meeting the penalty, should there be one. They would also have to find a way of holding onto players without being able to offer the "extras", making them a less attractive club to stay with.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:18 am
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:21 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:19 am Could cost them Europe... for once I agree with 46, I would replace Youngs with Spencer.
Where did 46 say he’d replace Spencer with England’s most capped back, Youngs?

He said he’d like to get Spencer. That doesn’t mean instead of Youngs necessarily.
But in getting Spencer we would have to get rid of Youngs, just from a financial point of view.
Not necessarily. We could release another player or a couple of players. I don’t see the point in letting Youngs go to bring in Spencer.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Would be counterproductive having both in the squad and too expensive.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:20 pm Would be counterproductive having both in the squad and too expensive.
So, JP, on what do you base this assumption?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:16 am
JP14 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:20 pm Would be counterproductive having both in the squad and too expensive.
This is all extremely hypothetical, but if Youngs doesn’t retire after the World Cup, which is what I’m expecting, and we sign Spencer from some other source ie if we let a few players go, then you have two England internationals playing together and if they both get called up for England we will be left without two of our scrumhalves. Depriving each other of gametime and Spencer wouldn’t move from Saracens only to play on the bench having only just established himself in the starting XV.

I struggle to see how we would finance Spencer without a significant earner leaving, considering I want May, Genge and Ford all retained that would mean Youngs realistically would have to be shelved if we were to sign Spencer.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:43 am
voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:16 am
This is all extremely hypothetical, but if Youngs doesn’t retire after the World Cup, which is what I’m expecting, and we sign Spencer from some other source ie if we let a few players go, then you have two England internationals playing together and if they both get called up for England we will be left without two of our scrumhalves. Depriving each other of gametime and Spencer wouldn’t move from Saracens only to play on the bench having only just established himself in the starting XV.

I struggle to see how we would finance Spencer without a significant earner leaving, considering I want May, Genge and Ford all retained that would mean Youngs realistically would have to be shelved if we were to sign Spencer.
So just keep Youngs then.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Well I’d be surprised if they did release him.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Interesting that they should announce this during the RWC semi-final?

https://www.saracens.com/club-statement ... ens-board/
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:02 am Interesting that they should announce this during the RWC semi-final?

https://www.saracens.com/club-statement ... ens-board/
Good day to bury bad news?
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Just saw the Tigers to Tabbies trail.

This trail is welcoming suggestions for appropriate response if and when Sports Resolution publish their findings. Book early.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

a number of other suggested ways of handling the punishment (serious ones) are doing the rounds of gossip

severe restriction on appearances of players outside of cap
severe restriction on academy players being allowed to play

A very good source tells me Sarries are prepared for the worst.........
Less is more....
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Move before final outcome?
Good time to bury bad news?
From Tabbies to Rats ( sinking ship and all that)? :smt005
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Bunchy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 am a number of other suggested ways of handling the punishment (serious ones) are doing the rounds of gossip

severe restriction on appearances of players outside of cap
severe restriction on academy players being allowed to play

A very good source tells me Sarries are prepared for the worst.........
Not sure restricting the numbers of games players outside of the cap can play would achieve anything in terms of punishment. It would be the equivalent of having a bigger squad of top flight players. Which is what teams with enough money would do if there were no cap!

They would have to identify the real salaries of their players and nominate those which are ones they choose to remain inside the salary cap. Those outside it would not be permitted to play at all (barring the usual injury dispensations for long term injury replacements)
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Going forward things will get interesting for them if they get a cap reduction for following seasons.

In that scenario they will inevitably have to lose players. Isiekwe and Lozowski are both out of contract at the end of the season.

For this season I could see a big points deduction and large fine. Then a cap reduction for following seasons.