What Now For Our Season?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: What Now For Our Season?

Post by Scuttle »

Do you know, I have never really been a Wuss fan ( in the way that I admire Chiefs and think Rob Baxter is a gem) and tonight it has been confirmed. Given I am chief cook and bottle washer tonight I thought I would listen to radio Hereford and Worcester whilst cooking, given the result against Castres has a bearing on what we need to do tomorrow. But I find myself REALLY irritated by the commentary which seems smug beyond belief, particularly the comment that they fancy us in the QF because we are easy, they have turned us over so many times and our focus is on relegation. This may be more or less true and they did concede Wuss need to think about relegation but it was the ease with which they thought a match up with Tigers would lead them to the SF that got me. I did want Wuss to win tonight but now I am not so sure. Is anyone else listening and have I just got my anti-Wuss ear muffs on? I have always thought I am a balanced rugby fan.

Edit......oh "excellent" I think. Castres have scored again 27-19 to Wuss with 26 mins to go. My son would say I am becoming a nasty pasty! !!😠
As Good As It Gets
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Not listening following game via sky sports app.
Any idea who the Worcester commentators are, I would imagine that isn’t the clubs official line, they could be below us by April
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:18 pm Not listening following game via sky sports app.
Any idea who the Worcester commentators are, I would imagine that isn’t the clubs official line, they could be below us by April
Not sure. Alex "somebody" is the main protagonist. Also the A league win on Monday against Tigers is a formality it would seem.
As Good As It Gets
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:28 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:18 pm Not listening following game via sky sports app.
Not sure. Alex "somebody" is the main protagonist. Also the A league win on Monday against Tigers is a formality it would seem.
As Oakham Tiger pointed out on another thread, Newport could top the table yet, that’ll be hard for them
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

They also poo pood the "6" Castres supporters but seemed to celebrate that there were 5000 supporters at the match. Oh dear I do "have one on tonight" don't I....?

Edit..they have changed their tune now 27-31 to Castres
Last edited by Scuttle on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As Good As It Gets
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:38 pm
They also poo pood the "6" Castres supporters but seemed to celebrate that there were 5000 supporters at the match. Oh dear I do "have one on tonight" don't I....?
Did you burn the diner or run out of wine ?
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Dinner wasn't to bad actually and still some wine...quite nice...something called Blacksmith's Hut.
As Good As It Gets
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

As it stands I think Castres are top on 23 and Dragons second on 20.

Meaning we need at least a point vs Pau for a home QF.

We have a PD of 93 and Castres are set to be on 56 so assuming we get a BP of some kind vs Pau I think we will be ahead of Castres in the rankings.
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:42 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Dinner wasn't to bad actually and still some wine...quite nice...something called Blacksmith's Hut.
I hope it doesn't turn out to be a Pyrrhic victory from my (admittedly biased)perspective.
As Good As It Gets
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Should Sarries suffer what many consider natural justice and end up relegated , the objective for Leicester remains the same: improve and keep improving 'till we are the best that we can be.Then we need to improve a little more.
Our objective is and never should be second from bottom or merely survival.Although history may never demand more glory the collective pride of all those associated with The Club should.Slowly , with care and effort we have the opportunity to build another dynasty.Over the past few seasons the only thing we have done is talk a good game ; with the pressure off and the spectre of relegation gone we can set about actually playing some .We have the personnel.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:00 pm Should Sarries suffer what many consider natural justice and end up relegated , the objective for Leicester remains the same: improve and keep improving 'till we are the best that we can be.Then we need to improve a little more.
Our objective is and never should be second from bottom or merely survival.Although history may never demand more glory the collective pride of all those associated with The Club should.Slowly , with care and effort we have the opportunity to build another dynasty.Over the past few seasons the only thing we have done is talk a good game ; with the pressure off and the spectre of relegation gone we can set about actually playing some .We have the personnel.
Excellent post
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So Borthwick will get a extended pre-season pretty much instead of a 3 or so month dog fight.
Clearly a target should be the Champions cup.

But I would like to see us be more adventurous in selections and attack.
Play strongest team but occasionally play the younger players also.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:40 pm So Borthwick will get a extended pre-season pretty much instead of a 3 or so month dog fight.

Has Borthwick been confirmed?
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:51 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:40 pm So Borthwick will get a extended pre-season pretty much instead of a 3 or so month dog fight.

“ Steve Borthwick will serve his RFU notice period as a skills coach on Eddie Jones’s new-look England coaching team before taking up a new role at Leicester Tigers”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/stev ... -fpcnr7t7l#
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:51 pm

not officially.