Tigers v Cardiff's Drummer

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tigers v Cardiff's Drummer

Post by wormus »

At last Sundays game v Cardiff a Cardiff supporter "Dai the Drum!" was allowed into the Crumbie Terrace with his drum & sticks.
Many supporters in the area wished to push that drum where the sun does not shine. It really was a monotonous noise and a distraction considering Wales is regarded as the Land of Song! ~ he was not a contestant for the Eisteddfod.
I did ask the yellow coated Supervisor why he had been allowed in the ground? " He should have been stopped at the bag search" was the response.
Now I recall many years ago standing on the crowded terrace next to a drunken Gloucester Gladiator with steel helmet and steel sword and that was not a pleasant experience but things have improved considerably.
Furthermore I know of people who bought Tigers golf umbrellas and were denied access for the next game at the bag search, but there are no notices of prohibited items displayed at the search areas and to the best of my ability I cannot find these details on the website particularly under "Stadium" So are these bag searches meaningless? :smt017 :smt017
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Cardiff's Drummer

Post by LE18 »

wormus wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:18 pm At last Sundays game v Cardiff a Cardiff supporter "Dai the Drum!" was allowed into the Crumbie Terrace with his drum & sticks.
Many supporters in the area wished to push that drum where the sun does not shine. It really was a monotonous noise and a distraction considering Wales is regarded as the Land of Song! ~ he was not a contestant for the Eisteddfod.
I did ask the yellow coated Supervisor why he had been allowed in the ground? " He should have been stopped at the bag search" was the response.
Now I recall many years ago standing on the crowded terrace next to a drunken Gloucester Gladiator with steel helmet and steel sword and that was not a pleasant experience but things have improved considerably.
Furthermore I know of people who bought Tigers golf umbrellas and were denied access for the next game at the bag search, but there are no notices of prohibited items displayed at the search areas and to the best of my ability I cannot find these details on the website particularly under "Stadium" So are these bag searches meaningless? :smt017 :smt017
Hi Wormus, sorry but there is a notice prohibiting umbrellas at the entrance to the Crumbie turnstyles, I know I was a victim, there is nowhere to leave banned items, the turnstyle operator allowed me to leave my umbrella in the corner of his little area it was still there when I left, I don't know where a drum could be left, its not a satisfactory arrangement. The search steward suggest to my wife the umbrella be left in the large trash bin!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

I heard recently that flasks are no longer allowed? :smt017
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

I had my bag searched on Sunday and was just asked if I had any cans or bottles. Not sure if they were more worried about throwing dangerous items or losing income from less wet sales.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

All the gates have the prohibited items list on the walls on the way in - have it on the breedon side and have been there for quite a while now.

Other half took a flask into Sunday's game without an issue - in her hand, completely obvious to all at the gate.