Staying on your feet???

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Staying on your feet???

Post by trendylfj »

Am I wrong in thinking the refs have abandoned the notion of staying on your feet at rucks, especially if you are the attacking side? The number of times yesterday BOTH sides dived over the top of rucks in order to create a barrier continued to amaze me. Sometimes players even went well beyond the ruck with a dive that would have been given 2.5 in a diving competition without any comment or penalty from Clancy.

Also

Was he right in insisting we stayed behind our try line after awarding a penalty to Cardiff on the 5m line who's kicker. then took the ball back well beyond the 22 to take the kick? Fordie questioned it but was clearly told that the team had to remain behind the line. I thought we could advance to 10m from the kicking point and stand still there but I await correction from more knowledgeable personages.
Hehehehehehehehe
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Staying on your feet???

Post by jgriffin »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:55 am Am I wrong in thinking the refs have abandoned the notion of staying on your feet at rucks, especially if you are the attacking side? The number of times yesterday BOTH sides dived over the top of rucks in order to create a barrier continued to amaze me. Sometimes players even went well beyond the ruck with a dive that would have been given 2.5 in a diving competition without any comment or penalty from Clancy.
Mate, I have been fed up with this for a long time. It was common in the then Pro12. I gave up shouting 'offside', 'penalty' or 'interference' long ago. Travesty IMO.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:03 am
trendylfj wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:55 am Am I wrong in thinking the refs have abandoned the notion of staying on your feet at rucks, especially if you are the attacking side? The number of times yesterday BOTH sides dived over the top of rucks in order to create a barrier continued to amaze me. Sometimes players even went well beyond the ruck with a dive that would have been given 2.5 in a diving competition without any comment or penalty from Clancy.
Mate, I have been fed up with this for a long time. It was common in the then Pro12. I gave up shouting 'offside', 'penalty' or 'interference' long ago. Travesty IMO.
The only conclusion is the refs have been instructed not to ref it as they all ignore it.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Also

Was he right in insisting we stayed behind our try line after awarding a penalty to Cardiff on the 5m line who's kicker. then took the ball back well beyond the 22 to take the kick? Fordie questioned it but was clearly told that the team had to remain behind the line. I thought we could advance to 10m from the kicking point and stand still there but I await correction from more knowledgeable personages.
I think it’s 10 metres from the mark. The kicker can take the ball back as far behind the mark as he wishes