Nemani Nadolo

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nemani Nadolo

Post by fortysix »

Mail today suggests Montpellier will possibly be offloading Nadolo because of new french quotas..
They mention Leicester as a ''potential suitor''
Presume this means May is going but why not have both !!
Imagine that.. a 21 stoner a la Nairaravoro
With Holmes Ford and Veaninu in the backline, all we would need then would be 4 Centres and a couple of decent 9's !!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Nemani Nadolo

Post by Crofty »

Before any of that we would need some key members of Sarries finance and ethics teams to make the cap space...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

fortysix wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:44 am Mail today suggests Montpellier will possibly be offloading Nadolo because of new french quotas..
With Holmes Ford and Veaninu in the backline, all we would need then would be 4 Centres and a couple of decent 9's !!
Re-sign Ben Youngs and that sorts out the scrum half position.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Last time he played in the Premiership he managed 4 games, scored no tries, and was sacked after being found guilty of drink driving.

He turns 32 in a couple of weeks, sounds like an expensive luxury who, because he relies so much on his physical attributes, is only going to get less potent as he gets older.

Ben Lam please.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:31 pm Last time he played in the Premiership he managed 4 games, scored no tries, and was sacked after being found guilty of drink driving.

He turns 32 in a couple of weeks, sounds like an expensive luxury who, because he relies so much on his physical attributes, is only going to get less potent as he gets older.

Ben Lam please.
Totally agree
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:31 pm Last time he played in the Premiership he managed 4 games, scored no tries, and was sacked after being found guilty of drink driving.

Ben Lam please.
9 years ago and he wasn't pulling up trees before then.
But since then he's
55 tries in 52 games in Japan
27 tries in 40 games for Crusaders
43 tries in 54 games for Montpellier

I do agree he is most likely to old but to use his form from 9 years ago, when he clearly learnt from his mistakes as a young player and bettered himself.

I would also say he posses a fair amount of skill especially in the offload.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Ben Lam please.
9 years ago and he wasn't pulling up trees before then.
But since then he's
55 tries in 52 games in Japan
27 tries in 40 games for Crusaders
43 tries in 54 games for Montpellier

I do agree he is most likely to old but to use his form from 9 years ago, when he clearly learnt from his mistakes as a young player and bettered himself.

I would also say he posses a fair amount of skill especially in the offload.
Some excellent points, and certainly has skill. Hasn’t he played 12 for Fiji and also has a cultured left boot.
It’s the age thing for me unless he came here on a low contract, but he’s still a big name in every sense of the word so that’s unlikely
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, just posting some information that I thought was interesting. Apologies if it wasn't.

If we have a wedge of cash big enough to get a 32 year old Nadolo, why not spend it on keeping 30 year old Jonny May who has been an outstanding member of the team? If we don't have enough to keep May, then I'm sceptical that we can afford Nadolo anyway.

Either way, I'd prefer Lam.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 am
fortysix wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:44 am Mail today suggests Montpellier will possibly be offloading Nadolo because of new french quotas..
...only if the price (contract) offers value for money to The Club.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:14 pm
I’d imagine the current England scrum half would be worth the money and value to us. Especially when I can’t think of another scrum half to bring in. Do we really want to be left with young scrum halves when it’s such a vital position?!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Nadolo would bring something different to the back 3 options.
Not really had a winger with his physicality since Alex (Maybe Goneva I guess).

Would many of our wingers have scored this try?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... =emb_title

Also the way he can either pick up and go from a ruck or run a line of 9 is like having another 8 in close quarter play.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm not doubting he is one of the players of the decade and his skillset is better than that of Naiyaravoro's but I just think longterm it would be better to sign Lam.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Don’t disagree with that either.
Although long term planning can only go so far in reality, with big money players realistically it’s a 2/3 years cycle that you can only plan for.

Just providing a counterpoint.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Fair enough.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:08 am
kk20gb30 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:14 pm

I’d imagine the current England scrum half would be worth the money and value to us. Especially when I can’t think of another scrum half to bring in. Do we really want to be left with young scrum halves when it’s such a vital position?!
Without going too much off topic , this is not necessarily so.Any player , scrum half or otherwise, has to be worth the cost in terms of performance and contract.The moniker of 'England international' is only of value to any club if he plays like one.Not going to have a dig at Ben Youngs , but there are are scrum halves available (or potentially so ) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with youth so long as its coupled with ability.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....