Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:28 am Been trying to work out what we need from the next 2 games to get a home quarter.
Toulon and Bristol have already qualified and with Toulon at home and Bristol at Zebre, they will likely qualify as top 2 seeds.
Bordeaux have also qualified and are on 22 points, but they have a trip to the Ricoh next weekend so should be a tough fixture for them.
Castres top the other group on 18 points but are away to Worcester next weekend, and if Worcester win and deny Castres anything, they will top that group on 19/20 points.
So a win today of any sort means we top the group, a bonus point win puts on 23 points and Possible 3rd seeds but depending on Bordeaux 4th seed as their points difference is better than ours.
Pau are also still in the hunt to qualify as one of the best group runners up.

If I had to put 50 p on it I think the qualifiers in seeding order will be:
Toulon, Bristol, Bordeaux, Tigers, Worcester, Pau, Castres and Edinburgh, with the quarters being

Toulon v Edinburgh
Bristol v Castres
Bordeaux v Pau
Tigers v Worcester
That would certainly be a great outcome. Let’s hope the lads can get the job done today

:smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:47 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:28 am Been trying to work out what we need from the next 2 games to get a home quarter.
Toulon and Bristol have already qualified and with Toulon at home and Bristol at Zebre, they will likely qualify as top 2 seeds.
Bordeaux have also qualified and are on 22 points, but they have a trip to the Ricoh next weekend so should be a tough fixture for them.
Castres top the other group on 18 points but are away to Worcester next weekend, and if Worcester win and deny Castres anything, they will top that group on 19/20 points.
So a win today of any sort means we top the group, a bonus point win puts on 23 points and Possible 3rd seeds but depending on Bordeaux 4th seed as their points difference is better than ours.

Toulon, Bristol, Bordeaux, Tigers, Worcester, Pau, Castres and Edinburgh, with the quarters being

Toulon v Edinburgh
Bristol v Castres
Bordeaux v Pau
Tigers v Worcester
That would certainly be a great outcome. Let’s hope the lads can get the job done today

Would it? When did we last beat Worcester?! :smt017
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:51 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:47 am

Toulon v Edinburgh
Bristol v Castres
Bordeaux v Pau
Tigers v Worcester

Would it? When did we last beat Worcester?! :smt017
True but think I’d prefer Worcester to some of the other potential permutations!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

At this stage a home quarter is priority but it’s good to see so much positivity about potential opponents.

I suppose we could ask when did we last beat Bristol before last week
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Live stream is working :smt023
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tom great break but you had a back to your right, why did you only look for Bateman?

Try Lewis as I type
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Can't get to the game and watching it on TV - you have never heard me really have a go at the ref cos he should be the same for both sides but does he understand the scrum laws or is he just guessing?
Hehehehehehehehe
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:35 pm Can't get to the game and watching it on TV - you have never heard me really have a go at the ref cos he should be the same for both sides but does he understand the scrum laws or is he just guessing?
Looks like he's guessing. Or he left his guide dog at home.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Great response after some self induced early pressure. Nice support line from the ever mobile Lewis :smt023
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

yet again - scrum - we get penalised for an early push - they push early - re-set
Hehehehehehehehe
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Bit lacklustre at the minute, no real tempo or urgency from Tigers. Need to up the intensity for the second half.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:49 pm yet again - scrum - we get penalised for an early push - they push early - re-set
Was just thinking exactly the same thing!
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Blue's handling is very good and quick and leads to their second try.
Give blood, play rugby!!
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

White is back to his pedantic best. Slow, slow and even slower.
Give blood, play rugby!!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

wardy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:59 pm White is back to his pedantic best. Slow, slow and even slower.
Not good from the young 9 there. Clancy is letting the tacklers roll away about 30 seconds after the tackle but he's got to be looking at what's on and trying to bring some tempo to the attack we have no momentum.