Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
OakhamTiger32
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by OakhamTiger32 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:47 pm

Not looking promising for watching the game on TV/online.... no mention of the Sunday games yet but most of Saturday's matches will be available online.

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/01/09/nin ... s-weekend/
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who yearns for the good old days!

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7566
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by RagingBull » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:54 pm

I get the feeling that it's Tigers stopping the games being shown on the website.
3 home games not one covered despite having the biggest following in terms of social media.
Doesn't make sense unless the club is not wanting it.

Why to get more people to go to games.

Granted this might be me going Pepe Silvia.

Stephen18
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 am

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by Stephen18 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:00 pm

OakhamTiger32 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:47 pm
Not looking promising for watching the game on TV/online.... no mention of the Sunday games yet but most of Saturday's matches will be available online.

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/01/09/nin ... s-weekend/
Tigers are listed as being on bt sport 3 at 15:00.

parvacat
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 12:22 pm
Location: Lost in Space

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by parvacat » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:48 pm

Not on the BT listings...but I am prone to senility.

OakhamTiger32
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by OakhamTiger32 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:51 pm

Stephen18 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:00 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:47 pm
Not looking promising for watching the game on TV/online.... no mention of the Sunday games yet but most of Saturday's matches will be available online.

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/01/09/nin ... s-weekend/
Tigers are listed as being on bt sport 3 at 15:00.
That’s strange as my Sky Planner and BT Sport TV guide both say it’s ‘Big Bash Reload’ on at 15:15 on Sunday. No mention of the Tigers game. Hope you are right but can’t see it listed anywhere sadly
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who yearns for the good old days!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4380
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by JP14 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:17 am

RagingBull wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:54 pm
I get the feeling that it's Tigers stopping the games being shown on the website.
3 home games not one covered despite having the biggest following in terms of social media.
Doesn't make sense unless the club is not wanting it.

Why to get more people to go to games.

Granted this might be me going Pepe Silvia.
You’re probably right RagingBull, I would imagine after last week’s performance and the chance of a good showing against a mediocre Cardiff side should bring just under 20k to the ground.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Stephen18
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 am

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by Stephen18 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:02 am

OakhamTiger32 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:51 pm
Stephen18 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:00 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:47 pm
Not looking promising for watching the game on TV/online.... no mention of the Sunday games yet but most of Saturday's matches will be available online.

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/01/09/nin ... s-weekend/
Tigers are listed as being on bt sport 3 at 15:00.
That’s strange as my Sky Planner and BT Sport TV guide both say it’s ‘Big Bash Reload’ on at 15:15 on Sunday. No mention of the Tigers game. Hope you are right but can’t see it listed anywhere sadly
Your probably right I’ve just looked on my app on the phone and it lists it in the upcoming live event but then lists the big bash on the actual guide.

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5004
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by WhitecapTiger » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:13 am

When I view the programme guide on sport.bt.com and navigate to the Live on BT Sport tab it shows Tigers v Cardiff on BT Sport 3 @ 1500.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 pm
Location: With the PFJ

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by loretta » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Leicester Tigers (v Cardiff Blues, Welford Road, Sunday 3.15pm)

15 Telusa Veainu

14 Jordan Olowofela

13 George Worth

12 Kyle Eastmond

11 Rory Hughes

10 George Ford

9 Ben White

1 Greg Bateman

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Joe Heyes

4 Joe Batley

5 Harry Wells

6 Sam Lewis

7 Tommy Reffell

8 Jordan Coghlan

Replacements

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau

17 Ellis Genge

18 Nephi Leatigaga

19 Will Spencer

20 Ifereimi Boladau

21 Harry Simmons

22 Noel Reid

23 Adam Thompstone



Bit of a mixed bag
All I said was ........

happywomble
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by happywomble » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:05 pm

Strong bench and pretty mobile backrow. Weather looks good so may make for a fast game. Nice to see how Batley and Hughes get on as they could be quite useful over the Six Nations period.

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2987
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by Mark62 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:07 pm

Be interesting to see Batley and Hughes.
I would take that as some of indication that both Lenny and George will be away with England.

More than good enough to take the 5 points

voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1705
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: coalville

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by voice of the crumbie » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:15 pm

What's happened to Jake Kerr? Seemed to be developing nicely last season but hardly seen in matchday squads so far this season? I thought they might rest Tom Youngs and start with TPN with Jake on the bench.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!

teds
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:02 pm
Location: london

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by teds » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:16 pm

Good selection development wise, although I suspect Cardiff will see only 3 first choice players starting and fancy their own chances

Brianf
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:52 am

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by Brianf » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:16 pm

Cardiff Blues squad...bringing quite a decent squad with them.

15 Matthew Morgan;
14 Jason Harries,
13 Josh Adams,
12Rey Lee-Lo,
11 Hallam Amos;
10 Jason Tovey,
9 Lloyd Williams;
1 Corey Domachowski,
2 Liam Belcher,
3 Dillon Lewis,
4 Filo Paulo,
5 Josh Turnbull,
6 Shane Lewis-Hughes,
7 Josh Navidi (capt.),
8 Seb Davies

Replacements:
16 Ethan Lewis,
17 Brad Thyer,
18 Dmitri Arhip,
19 James Ratti,
20 Will Boyde,
21 Olly Robinson,
22 Tomos Williams,
23 Ben Thomas

happywomble
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by happywomble » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:24 pm

voice of the crumbie wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:15 pm
What's happened to Jake Kerr? Seemed to be developing nicely last season but hardly seen in matchday squads so far this season? I thought they might rest Tom Youngs and start with TPN with Jake on the bench.
I agree, would have been nice to see Kerr.

Also, whats the fitness update on Liebenberg? I see Holmes is approaching return, which is very welcome, but would be good to have Liebenberg back for us as soon as possible!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anz3001, Ashurstwoodtiger, CJ, northerntiger, RagingBull, Shergar79 and 2 guests