Super User

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff - 12th January 2020

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:14 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:36 pm
LE18 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:25 pm
Is it on one of the Welsh channels?
https://www.wheresthematch.com/live-rugby-union-on-tv/

Not on TV but as mentioned below it will most likely be live on the EPC Rugby website. They will announce which games are being shown within the next few days.
none of the games at Welford road have either been on TV or streamed
You’re right but the away match vs Calvisano was on the EPC rugby website, but the others weren’t. Seems they nominate about 6-8 games that they will cover so worth checking
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:35 pm I think it’ll be a fairly strong side named to play Cardiff, serving the purpose of continuity and also ensuring a relatively decent gate.

The trip to Pau I suspect will see a more varied side, possibly even the one we can expect to see during the 6N.
I agree. That makes a lot of sense.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I’d probably like us to put out the strongest team we can, minus the England internationals. Should give us some momentum going into the premiership games.

Bateman Kerr Leatigaga
Lavanini Green
Lewis Reffell
Thompson
White Reid
Eastmond Taute
Olowofela Veainu Thompstone

TPN, Gigena, Heyes, Wells, Coghlan, Simmons, Hardwick, Worth
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:19 pm I’d probably like us to put out the strongest team we can, minus the England internationals. Should give us some momentum going into the premiership games.

Bateman Kerr Leatigaga
Lavanini Green
Lewis Reffell
Thompson
White Reid
Eastmond Taute

We have to win against Cardiff and finish top, once that is done then we can dilute the team
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:19 pm I’d probably like us to put out the strongest team we can, minus the England internationals. Should give us some momentum going into the premiership games.

Bateman Kerr Leatigaga
Lavanini Green
Lewis Reffell
Thompson
White Reid
Eastmond Taute

Strongest team would surely include Kalamafoni and Taufua. I’d like to see the England players in the match day squad, be it starting or on the bench to ensure we come away with the win. If Cardiff win this, the last round will be very tricky and Cardiff play Calvisano so will most likely pick up 5 points. They will know this and I’m sure will give it a go on Sunday. The key players can be rested away to Pau assuming we win this one
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:38 pm

Bateman Kerr Leatigaga
Lavanini Green
Lewis Reffell
Thompson
White Reid
Eastmond Taute

Strongest team would surely include Kalamafoni and Taufua. I’d like to see the England players in the match day squad, be it starting or on the bench to ensure we come away with the win. If Cardiff win this, the last round will be very tricky and Cardiff play Calvisano so will most likely pick up 5 points. They will know this and I’m sure will give it a go on Sunday. The key players can be rested away to Pau assuming we win this one
Yeah strongest team but those two definitely need a rest would have thought. Same for Youngs, some players will need to recharge.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Big Tomas posted a picture of a drink by a sunny pool on Instagram today, but it doesn’t make it clear if he’s there at present
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hughes isn't in the European squad list yet.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:27 pm Big Tomas posted a picture of a drink by a sunny pool on Instagram today, but it doesn’t make it clear if he’s there at present
Wouldn’t be surprised if he is. He arrive pretty swiftly after the RWC so these European games are probably a good excuse to let him get away for a week or two.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Positive news via BBC Leicester sport:

Murphy confirms Jonah Holmes could be available again next week. "Jonah's back training with the squad. He's done a little bit with the team but not a huge amount of high speed running and loads. If everything goes well he may be in contention next week."

Will Spencer is available for the game against Cardiff, but Ifereimi Boladau is 50/50: "'Bola' played in the A League and had an exceptional game but got a bang on his knee which we've been managing since. He's touch and go for the weekend."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:46 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:27 pm Big Tomas posted a picture of a drink by a sunny pool on Instagram today, but it doesn’t make it clear if he’s there at present
Wouldn’t be surprised if he is. He arrive pretty swiftly after the RWC so these European games are probably a good excuse to let him get away for a week or two.
Agree totally and this likely to be one of the last such breaks available
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Take care of top spot qualification with in the group if at all possible.Strongest possible side - get into the habit of winning.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Assuming nothing has changed from early on in the season “we’ll look to go strong at all home games and rotate during the away fixtures”. Strongest possible side for this one I recon.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Clancy :smt017 :smt022
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

fentiger wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:05 pm Clancy :smt017 :smt022
He's fallen down the pecking order a bit hasn't he, surprised he's not doing one of the Champions games.