Genge - Daily Mail

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Genge - Daily Mail

Post by TigerMac3 »

Every single Tigers fan should read the latest Genge interview with Chris Foy in The Daily Mail...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... Jones.html

He’s a character alright.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Genge - Daily Mail

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Chris Foy tweeted that it’s only a 2 page article but there was enough material for 6 pages!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Gotta love a guy that says what he thinks rather than what he thinks people want to hear him say.
I'm not cynical just experienced
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

He clearly loves the club, rates the coaches and the direction which we’re trying to go in. Some on this forum should take a lead from that, but no doubt they’ll dismiss what he’s saying as ‘well, he would say that wouldn’t he?’. Well I for one believe he wouldn’t.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

MCC1964 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:57 am He clearly loves the club, rates the coaches and the direction which we’re trying to go in. Some on this forum should take a lead from that, but no doubt they’ll dismiss what he’s saying as ‘well, he would say that wouldn’t he?’. Well I for one believe he wouldn’t.
+ 1
A2O
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

MCC1964 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:57 am He clearly loves the club, rates the coaches and the direction which we’re trying to go in. Some on this forum should take a lead from that, but no doubt they’ll dismiss what he’s saying as ‘well, he would say that wouldn’t he?’. Well I for one believe he wouldn’t.
Some on this forum would call him an irredeemable doom monger if he said what he said on here anonymously...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Great interview, love him.

"Bristol blood, Leicester skin"! :smt023
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:48 am Chris Foy tweeted that it’s only a 2 page article but there was enough material for 6 pages!
They should show some invention and release it over a few weeks or several days. Considering some of the rubbish they publish that would be a massive improvement.

Ellis is brilliant, hopefully he's at Tigers for at least the next 10 years.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes a good/entertaining interview with some optimism for the future. Perhaps he's been told that Borthwick will be arriving sooner rather than later....
Soggypitch
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

People will probably disagree but as much as I love Ellis, I’m not sure i’d want him to have the armband.

Not sure he could retain the ‘edge’ about him with the responsibility of having to manage ‘sir’. Happy to have him being him for the next 5+ years!
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

15 Genges and we would win the league..He would have got into any of the halcyon teams, as would George Ford, May and probably Veaninu.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:27 pm People will probably disagree but as much as I love Ellis, I’m not sure i’d want him to have the armband.

Not sure he could retain the ‘edge’ about him with the responsibility of having to manage ‘sir’. Happy to have him being him for the next 5+ years!
Not all good players make good captains and not all leaders within the team need to wear the armband. Much better to have someone good at talking the talk dealing with sir whilst Genge is giving the lads a pep talk.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:27 pm People will probably disagree but as much as I love Ellis, I’m not sure i’d want him to have the armband.

"Not sure he could retain the ‘edge’ about him with the responsibility of having to manage ‘sir’."

I absolutely agree - except, I bet they said exactly that when they were considering giving the armband to Martin Johnson!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:44 pm

"Not sure he could retain the ‘edge’ about him with the responsibility of having to manage ‘sir’."

I absolutely agree - except, I bet they said exactly that when they were considering giving the armband to Martin Johnson!
One big difference between the two, which would be important when dealing with Sir. Martin was/is a man of few words, Ellis is not.