Nigel Wray Gawn

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 am
Location: See SatNav

Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by G.K » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:27 am

Just been announced on the news...
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.

G.K
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:19 am
Location: See SatNav

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by G.K » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:28 am

Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6542
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by JP14 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:28 pm

Will this make any difference? Not too sure...
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by fortysix » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:30 pm

They havent got rid of anybody which begs the 64000$ question.......

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by Tiglon » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:43 pm

fortysix wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:30 pm
They havent got rid of anybody which begs the 64000$ question.......
They. Don't. Need. To.

They just wont be able to invest in players' companies this year.

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1394
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: "The Home of the Game!"

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by wormus » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:43 pm
fortysix wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:30 pm
They havent got rid of anybody which begs the 64000$ question.......
They. Don't. Need. To.

They just wont be able to invest in players' companies this year.
Now that Wray is no longer on the Board of Saracens then is there nothing stopping him as an individual in jointly investing in the players companies? Saracens will find a loophole.
Could Wray be departing ahead of another discovery of the salary cap breach? :smt018

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by Tiglon » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:16 pm

wormus wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:08 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:43 pm
fortysix wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:30 pm
They havent got rid of anybody which begs the 64000$ question.......
They. Don't. Need. To.

They just wont be able to invest in players' companies this year.
Now that Wray is no longer on the Board of Saracens then is there nothing stopping him as an individual in jointly investing in the players companies? Saracens will find a loophole.
Could Wray be departing ahead of another discovery of the salary cap breach? :smt018
Still the owner. Read the regulations. Salary cap includes payments made by a third party or connected party. Wray is still the owner. Therefore he is a connected party. Not a loophole.

johnthegriff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1378
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:37 am

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by johnthegriff » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:19 pm

I note the speculation by Wormus and think he may have a point. The Wray family not the individual Nigel is continuing to support the club financially. I am currently reading the Biography of Eddie Jones ( a Christmas present) I have just got past the bit where he says he left his coaching role at Saracens to coach Suntory in Japan because he could not work for a CEO he did not trust, Eddie Griffiths who had just been installed at Sarries,. Begs the question as to why that man is returning!

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by Tiglon » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:26 pm

johnthegriff wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:19 pm
I note the speculation by Wormus and think he may have a point. The Wray family not the individual Nigel is continuing to support the club financially. I am currently reading the Biography of Eddie Jones ( a Christmas present) I have just got past the bit where he says he left his coaching role at Saracens to coach Suntory in Japan because he could not work for a CEO he did not trust, Eddie Griffiths who had just been installed at Sarries,. Begs the question as to why that man is returning!
The family of the owner are still connected parties. "No your honour, I didnt make a payment to that employee of the company I own, it was my mum". Good luck with that.

Most wealthy businessmen of a certain age put some of the ownership of their companies into their family members' names. Much of Wray's wealth will be, on paper, his family's wealth. It makes no difference in this situation.

So if Eddie Jones doesn't trust someone, that person should never be employed again? The question that you beg is answered by the reality that Jones' opinion of people isn't the only opinion in the world, and is an entirely irrelevant opinion to Saracens...

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1747
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 pm
Location: Gosport

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by Smudge » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:52 pm

It will be a ploy to get round the sanctions for this year's excesses.
lower than a snake's belly.
He should have been banned from all association with the sport, his club relegated to London North Div 2
The man is a cheat, pure and simple.
A life long Tiger

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by Tiglon » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:59 pm

Smudge wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:52 pm
It will be a ploy to get round the sanctions for this year's excesses.
lower than a snake's belly.
He should have been banned from all association with the sport, his club relegated to London North Div 2
The man is a cheat, pure and simple.
How do you know there are "excesses" this year?

How would him standing down as chairman get around any sanctions?

CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by CitizenSmiff » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Can't say I'm sorry to see the old crook go. If it's portentous of him facing any sort of personal hardship as the result of his larceny then that would be great too.

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2700
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by Chobbsy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:16 pm

johnthegriff wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:19 pm
I note the speculation by Wormus and think he may have a point. The Wray family not the individual Nigel is continuing to support the club financially. I am currently reading the Biography of Eddie Jones ( a Christmas present) I have just got past the bit where he says he left his coaching role at Saracens to coach Suntory in Japan because he could not work for a CEO he did not trust, Eddie Griffiths who had just been installed at Sarries,. Begs the question as to why that man is returning!
The very worst news is that the loathsome Edward Griffiths is coming back
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7312
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by jgriffin » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:53 pm

Word from Chiefs end (via sister and her mates) is that Rowe STILL thinks Sarries are cheating, and he knows a lot of the cheating wrinkles himself :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

kk20gb30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Over The Hills & Far Away

Re: Nigel Wray Gawn

Post by kk20gb30 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:12 pm

Public Relations Exercise.

The waters here are still very muddy.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Grobyman11, Leicestertinytiger, OakhamTiger32, wormus and 2 guests