Prem Shield - Tigers vs Wanderers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Prem Shield - Tigers vs Wanderers

Post by JP14 »

Sounded like an entertaining game, shame that Costelow couldn’t win the game at the end for us and Batley scored a try, did he play well?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tigerbeat

Re: Prem Shield - Tigers vs Wanderers

Post by Tigerbeat »

Saints 41-39 Tigers
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:04 pm Sounded like an entertaining game, shame that Costelow couldn’t win the game at the end for us and Batley scored a try, did he play well?
Batley looked good, initially I thought he was not fit but as game went on he was used extensively. Warriors had a very experienced side out against us, Grayson, Mallender, Symons, Dingwall, etc etc.
Initially it looked like we were going to get slaughtered but we recovered. Saints team all looked taller and heavier than our side and it told in the way they ran and offloaded, but after their no 7 was yellow carded we levelled the score and it was nip and tuck towards the end. We scored a very late try to bring us back to just a couple of points adrift after going behind again but sadly we missed with that last kick of the match.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

It sounded like a decent game yet only 500 spectators attended.
I find that disappointing even if it is two days before Christmas.
Our development games a few years ago were getting 9k or more.
To loose by two points against a team with more first team players is not a bad deal.
I believe Joe Batley had a good game and scored a try. That is good news
A life long Tiger
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Looking at the teams pre game the immediate thought was a thrashing, so that result is very impressive.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

The Saints backline could have easily been from a Saints starting XV in the league this season.

15 Harry Mallinder, 14 Ryan Olowofela, 13 Fraser Dingwall, 12 Andrew Symons, 11 Ollie Sleightholme, 10 James Grayson, (c), 9 James Mitchell

Our boys did really well considering most of the side we put out were recent academy graduates. Future looks positive, interesting that it was Stankovitch who took control of the team last night.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Looking at the teams I thought it would be a thrashing as well.

Haven’t really seen him play much but from the match day commentary and other write ups appears that Costelow is a real star. Anyone there able to confirm? How did he compare to Grayson?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:35 am Looking at the teams I thought it would be a thrashing as well.

Haven’t really seen him play much but from the match day commentary and other write ups appears that Costelow is a real star. Anyone there able to confirm? How did he compare to Grayson?
I didn't see him play last night but the highlights I've seen from in the past suggest he will be a future international. Seems to like a charge down as well. His try saver Vs Cardiff indicate he's not shy of putting his body on the line and he was promoted into the 10 shirt for the Wales under 20s at 18. Looked perfectly at home and created some nice tries despite the age difference as well.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:21 pm
SthrnTiger wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:35 am Looking at the teams I thought it would be a thrashing as well.

I didn't see him play last night but the highlights I've seen from in the past suggest he will be a future international. Seems to like a charge down as well. His try saver Vs Cardiff indicate he's not shy of putting his body on the line and he was promoted into the 10 shirt for the Wales under 20s at 18. Looked perfectly at home and created some nice tries despite the age difference as well.
:smt023 Thanks.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

SthrnTiger wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:01 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:21 pm

:smt023 Thanks.
He is a star in the making, smallish but tough, made tackle after tackle last night, not a bad kicker either, but pity he missed the last kick, I think he tried to hit it too hard. At the end I thought we were unlucky to LOSE.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Just a passing thought, how is Kyran Bungaroo getting along, been compared to Beale by a poster or two on here.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:59 pm Just a passing thought, how is Kyran Bungaroo getting along, been compared to Beale by a poster or two on here.
From what I recall he didn't see too much of the ball.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:42 am
JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:59 pm Just a passing thought, how is Kyran Bungaroo getting along, been compared to Beale by a poster or two on here.
From what I recall he didn't see too much of the ball.
I think he had 2 runs with ball in hand, made approx 25yds each time but got stopped dead. That's all I remember of him.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

He did ok tonight, up against a regular prem winger in Josh Bassett. Set up one try with a nice little kick through and score another going the length of the pitch in an intercept.