QUINS VS TIGERS 28TH DEC

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: QUINS VS TIGERS 28TH DEC

Post by Tiglon »

:smt005 we do all know that Lewis is not Croft, don't we?!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I think if we get turned over the knives that are already sharpened and out will be cutting loose. If we lose and get a bonus point then I think that will help our season. We take another pasting and no bonus point we are further in trouble.
Fingers crossed but I am usually optimistic but can only see us losing and that’s gutting.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:03 pm :smt005 we do all know that Lewis is not Croft, don't we?!
Yes, but he is the nearest we have seen since.

Tom Croft should be cloned!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

drc_007 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:57 pm Like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-kKqvWqiM
Ah rarely a finer sight than Crofty in full flow
I'm not cynical just experienced
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wasps appear to have thrown down the gauntlet?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Lose tomorrow and we REALLY ARE IN THE POO.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

But based on that showing I fancy our chances of beating Bristol at WR next week. Let’s hope we can pick up a win tomorrow to set us on our way..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:38 pm But based on that showing I fancy our chances of beating Bristol at WR next week. Let’s hope we can pick up a win tomorrow to set us on our way..
Here's hoping!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

chewbacca wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:17 pm

You're not wrong, time to break out the 2009 Lions tour DVDs. I do wish Bristol had help out, would have made tomorrow a more enjoyable affair to hope we might climb up out of the basement.
SuperEagle
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by SuperEagle »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:02 pm
chewbacca wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:17 pm

You're not wrong, time to break out the 2009 Lions tour DVDs. I do wish Bristol had help out, would have made tomorrow a more enjoyable affair to hope we might climb up out of the basement.
Commentator: "Well, that will live long in the memory, that score."

How prophetic
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:45 pm Would be very interested to know how Eastmond gets selected in front of Reid, Worth & Hardwick, it really is time for him to earn his wages.
Would prefer Reffell to start over Lewis purely for back row balance, but memory tells me Croft always had big games against the sequins.
That team should win, but I struggle to feel confident, but I am confident we will give someone an absolute spanking in the league this season at some point.
Must be destructive for ones confidence as a back to practise and then see Mr Eastmond selected ahead of you. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong and has a great game and scores a hat trick of tries, but I suspect I have more chance with my fiver on him a) getting yellow carded b) getting red carded c) giving away a series of penalties d) pulling up with a hamstring injury e) giving someone a hospital pass f) looking disinterested.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Traveller wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:35 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:45 pm Would be very interested to know how Eastmond gets selected in front of Reid, Worth & Hardwick, it really is time for him to earn his wages.
Would prefer Reffell to start over Lewis purely for back row balance, but memory tells me Croft always had big games against the sequins.
That team should win, but I struggle to feel confident, but I am confident we will give someone an absolute spanking in the league this season at some point.
Must be destructive for ones confidence as a back to practise and then see Mr Eastmond selected ahead of you. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong and has a great game and scores a hat trick of tries, but I suspect I have more chance with my fiver on him a) getting yellow carded b) getting red carded c) giving away a series of penalties d) pulling up with a hamstring injury e) giving someone a hospital pass f) looking disinterested.
Or g) having a dodgy hairdo!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

He probably gets the nod because without Manu playing the other options are steady players who haven’t really shown any creativity that we desperately need in the centre.

That may be hard on Reid who has put himself in position to finish moves and overall it’s easy to blame the backs when the forwards have failed to do anything but run into the tackler - no lines or breaking the gain line and turgidly slow ball to give the backs any space to exploit.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Front row battle will be tasty today. Hoping for a few scrums..which is something I never thought I would say!!! I just hope we don’t concede in the first 10 mins as heads will drop and Quins will be looking at a bonus point by half time. On the highlights of their last game, it was soft defence that was exploited by Smith, who has great running lines. We need to stop them throwing the ball about and get into a nice arm wrestle. Our backs have little to no invention for whatever reason, so let’s go old school and win this up front and get some points on the board...even a LBP is a after Christmas bonus.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

The Leicester team is the better on paper and last week they showed for about 50 minutes what they are capable of against one of the best teams in the league. As mentioned above it’s partly a confidence issue so let’s get behind the team and show our support.

Wasps last minute winner was frustrating but they deserved the win so fair enough. If we are to save our season then we can’t rely on others faltering. win today and next week at home to Bristol and I honestly believe that we can turn things around. There are about 80 points left this season and we are 12 points behind the playoff places. I’m not expecting miracles and for us to reach these dizzy heights but it’s early days and we are showing signs of improvement so moving off the bottom is more than achievable.

Come on lads, let’s do this....
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!