16.Youngs
17.Bateman
18.Heyes
19.Lewis
20.Thompson
21.White
22.Hardwick
23.Taute/Thompstone
Not sure TY did much wrong today so can’t see JK getting the nod ahead of him. Youngs was 10/11 (if I’m not mistaken) at the lineout and put in a decent shift first half. Definitely think he’s worthy of inclusion in place of TPN though.

Equally I would be keen to see our back line kept the same as it worked nicely first half and they seemed to be linking up nicely imho
Youngs was solid and has been so far this season. Part of the issue we've had for several seasons is that being solid is enough to guarantee some senior players a starting shirt. Kerr is talented and has plenty of room for improvement at just 23, he needs game time though.

Similar with Steward in the back line. I thought Thompstone had a good game and has played well since returning from his injury. Thankfully his pace doesn't seem to have taken a hit either. Steward is one of our best talents though, I'd like to see him in a back three with May and Veainu.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: QUINS VS TIGERS 28TH DEC

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:38 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:31 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:28 pm

Friendly Fire injury today via Greens head, what is he supposed to do about that
Actually it was more Kvesic’s cheap shot that was never penalised!
TV seemed to show Greens head making contact with Spencer’s
Oh I’m not doubting he was concussed I’m just saying Kvesic just flopped on him because it wasn’t as if he was in the way at all.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

ABClub wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:15 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:57 pm
ABClub wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:37 pm 1.Genge
2.Kerr
3.Cole
4.Lavanini
5.Green
6.Kalamafoni
7.Reffell (vc)
8.Taufua

9.Youngs
10.Ford (c)

11.May
12.Reid
13.Tuilagi
14.Veainu
15.Steward

16.Youngs
17.Bateman
18.Heyes
19.Lewis
20.Thompson
21.White
22.Hardwick
23.Taute/Thompstone
Not sure TY did much wrong today so can’t see JK getting the nod ahead of him. Youngs was 10/11 (if I’m not mistaken) at the lineout and put in a decent shift first half. Definitely think he’s worthy of inclusion in place of TPN though.

Equally I would be keen to see our back line kept the same as it worked nicely first half and they seemed to be linking up nicely imho
Youngs was solid and has been so far this season. Part of the issue we've had for several seasons is that being solid is enough to guarantee some senior players a starting shirt. Kerr is talented and has plenty of room for improvement at just 23, he needs game time though.

Similar with Steward in the back line. I thought Thompstone had a good game and has played well since returning from his injury. Thankfully his pace doesn't seem to have taken a hit either. Steward is one of our best talents though, I'd like to see him in a back three with May and Veainu.
I agree that Kerr is undoubtedly talented and he certainly has put in some impressive performances in the past. Without game time it’s hard to judge but from the little I’ve seen of him this season he doesn’t seem to be at the same standard he was this time last year; maybe given the chance and some game time he may well get back there (I certainly hope so as I think he’s a great prospect).

Agree about Steward too but I think we need experience next week given our current situation and i think Thompstone brings that. Such a shame about Holmes though as he would compliment that back line perfectly!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Ford as captain, agree fully!! Reid was defensively weak today, would give Hardwick a go at centre with Manu, would like to see Kal at 6, Thomo at 7 if fit and Taufau at 8.
Thing is whatever team is picked under this coaching set up is destined to fail, shipping points for fun.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

baz1664 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:53 pm Ford as captain, agree fully!! Reid was defensively weak today, would give Hardwick a go at centre with Manu, would like to see Kal at 6, Thomo at 7 if fit and Taufau at 8.
Thing is whatever team is picked under this coaching set up is destined to fail, shipping points for fun.
No point in turning up then
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:23 pm [quote=baz1664 post_id=731063 time=<a href="tel:1576968797">1576968797</a> user_id=101]
Ford as captain, agree fully!! Reid was defensively weak today, would give Hardwick a go at centre with Manu, would like to see Kal at 6, Thomo at 7 if fit and Taufau at 8.
No point in turning up then
[/quote]

:smt031
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Another woeful performance and defeat IMHO.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ford won’t be captain, say what you want about O’Connor at least he had the balls to bench Youngs*.

*He actually didn’t play badly yesterday, but my point remains that Murphy just selects him if he’s fit.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 am *He actually didn’t play badly yesterday, but my point remains that Murphy just selects him if he’s fit.
All part of the 'old boys' network :smt023
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

A must win game.

When a team like Exeter use a game against Tigers to rest players you realise how far we have fallen. It’s also seems bleeding obvious to everyone except the BoD that we desperately need to throw everything, and I mean everything at a top top top level coach. We have top level players already.

In the meantime, in my opinion, any game against Quins, Bath and Wasps is a must win and needs to be targeted home and away. Can’t see us winning against Bears and can’t see us winning anything in the Prem during the 6N. So our aim has to be simply to get more points than one of these three.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

If it stays dry, and Manu isn't injured, and Guy recovers in time, and Spencer passes his concussion protocols, and Brett Deacon is secretly a line out genius, and Taufua has a twin brother we can sign in a hurry then we might pull a rabbit out of the hat.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I'd select Green at hooker... :smt025
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Really dont think Tuilagi is mentally attuned at the moment. If ever...His laughter with Exeter players after that truly shocking disintegration really really rankled with a large number who were watching .
It seems that the Youngs are pencilled in regardless, just a truly massive pity we dont have a top scrum half to galvanise the team. Youngs seems incapable of authority at any time unless we are walking it, and that is not happening with this current bunch of coaches. To sum it up, the majority of the Coaching is abysmal, dark ages dross, and some of the players just appear to be not that concerned.
Plus literally none of our reserves are Premiership Top 6 standard.
As for our resident Board, God give us all strength.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:52 am A must win game.

When a team like Exeter use a game against Tigers to rest players you realise how far we have fallen.
I think they only rotated four didn't they? I thought they might have rested more as some of their key players played again on the back of the European double header. In the current age of rugby you've got to rotate the squad round or you're going to wear down your players before the business end of the season. Saracens are excellent at it though of course they do have an advantage...
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:34 pm
aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:52 am A must win game.

When a team like Exeter use a game against Tigers to rest players you realise how far we have fallen.
I think they only rotated four didn't they? I thought they might have rested more as some of their key players played again on the back of the European double header. In the current age of rugby you've got to rotate the squad round or you're going to wear down your players before the business end of the season. Saracens are excellent at it though of course they do have an advantage...
White, Simmons x 2, Ewers, Now-ell, ? others?